No unlimited data for s4?!?!

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
You can also transfer your upgrade online to another line using Verizon's website. I have unlimited and once my upgrade date came I was able to transfer it to my sister so she can update her phone.
My sister has the iphone 5 with limited data but im afraid if I transfer it she wont be able to upgrade. Anyway I've already had my father order the new phone with the shared limited data plan so it might be too late? idk its a big downer that im gonna get limited data now because I really wanted to take full advantage of everything..

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I should also add that verizon told me if I did try to keep the unlimited data on the s4 in would only work for a year. also can somebody explain to me the difference between an "authorized" and "corporate" dealer?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My sister has the iphone 5 with limited data but im afraid if I transfer it she wont be able to upgrade. Anyway I've already had my father order the new phone with the shared limited data plan so it might be too late? idk its a big downer that im gonna get limited data now because I really wanted to take full advantage of everything..
Again, your upgrade would've been transferred to her line and once the phone was activated it would've been moved back to your line, allowing you to keep your unlimited data. Too late now

We tried to help you out but Verizon won by lying to you and you fell for it by giving up your unlimited when you easily could've kept it.

m3incorp

Reaction score
No one really knows how long it will be before Verizon gets rid of the unlimited data. A corporate store is a Verizon owned and operated store. An authorized store is any store, or vender that is authorized by Verizon or other carriers to sell their phones and plans.

m3incorp

Reaction score
I just bought my S4 from Amazon. $160 with my upgrade discount and was was able to keep my unlimited data plan.

From Amazon....hmm you may want to keep a close eye on your contract for the next two months. I have a feeling that you just may be in for a surprise.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They also have a device installment purchase plan now. That's how I kept my unlimited data. It's around $50 more a month.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They also have a device installment purchase plan now. That's how I kept my unlimited data. It's around $50 more a month.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
I'm a little fuzzy on this approach so please help me out...

Your strategy:

Pay $500 or $600 for the phone spread out over several months of $50 payments

versus

Alternative strategy:

Pick up a $10/month feature-phone line, which you use to get a new upgrade -> then use the upgrade* to buy the phone for $150 or $160

I suck at math, but even if you lock into the feature-phone line for 2 years, at the end you come up with:

$160 phone (actually it's $150 at Amazon at the moment)
+ $240 cost of extra line ($10 x 24 months)

= $400 total, rather than the $500 or $600 paid with just one line. Maybe I'm missing something?

-Matt

PS *Of course I left out the part where you do all the swapping and end up keeping unlimited -- that's what the rest of this thread already discusses, so no point repeating here.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Your strategy:

versus

Alternative strategy:

Pick up a $10/month feature-phone line, which you use to get a new upgrade -> then use the upgrade* to buy the phone for $150 or $160

I suck at math, but even if you lock into the feature-phone line for 2 years, at the end you come up with:

= $400 total, rather than the $500 or $600 paid with just one line. Maybe I'm missing something?

-Matt

PS *Of course I left out the part where you do all the swapping and end up keeping unlimited -- that's what the rest of this thread already discusses, so no point repeating here.

For a savings of only $100 or so over 2 years & not having to deal with the switching as well as having a second line that I have no use for for those 2 years, yes.

Of course, I've gone in & laid down full price all at once for phones more than once too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gotcha. As I was working on the math, I kinda figured some people might fight tooth-and-nail to save a few bucks, while others don't sweat the small stuff. The older I get, the more I choose the "avoid hassle" strategy over the "save a few bucks" strategy. ;)

-Matt

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's kinda how I was raised. If you can afford it, why not pay a little extra & get what you want, or like you said, avoid hassle.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Back on topic, If you're not comfortable paying full price, see about using one of the methods listed in other posts here, or say goodbye to unlimited data.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

Your strategy:

versus

Alternative strategy:

-Matt

your math is a little off, the actual cost for a single line, with fees etc is over $13. that adds about $75 to your total.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So does that mean I'd have to pay $649 if I want to keep my unlimited?
I got a used/as new S4 with two Otterbox cases on eBay, one commuter and one defender with holster and 32gig micro SD card for $470. Phone and accessories came like new, the person had the phone for two weeks.