No unlimited data for s4?!?!

m3incorp

Reaction score
I got a used/as new S4 with two Otterbox cases on eBay, one commuter and one defender with holster and 32gig micro SD card for $470. Phone and accessories came like new, the person had the phone for two weeks.

Make sure to download and run the Genuine Galaxy app from google play......just to be sure.

m3incorp

Reaction score
It's better than decent, most go for over 500-550 without the extra accessories I got.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Let me clarify. Decent to me!. Because I would not pay anywhere near $500 for a phone that is already 4 months into it's life cycle and pretty much guaranteed to be outdated within six months; not even to keep unlimited data...and this is coming form someone that has a Galaxy S4. I will admit that for you, it was better than decent.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Agreed, thank you, Johnny Kansas. To the rest...if you post here on an open forum - with some 300,000 potential listners and someone has an opinion of what you've posted, first don't be surprised if they respond and give their view. If you don't like the opinion you can ignore it or just don't post in the first place. Like was said, this is an open forum and opinions are the status quo. There was no backhanded comment feel to what I read, but the reaction was a bit over the top, and from there the jousting was unpleasant at best.

Let's all try to get along here and realize that there may be a time when that other member has the best solution to your concerns at some point in the future. You may feel differently about them when they've saved you from some grief.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agreed, thank you, Johnny Kansas. To the rest...if you post here on an open forum - with some 300,000 potential listners and someone has an opinion of what you've posted, first don't be surprised if they respond and give their view. If you don't like the opinion you can ignore it or just don't post in the first place. Like was said, this is an open forum and opinions are the status quo. There was no backhanded comment feel to what I read, but the reaction was a bit over the top, and from there the jousting was unpleasant at best.

Let's all try to get along here and realize that there may be a time when that other member has the best solution to your concerns at some point in the future. You may feel differently about them when they've saved you from some grief.
Aw man I caught the banter on my phone and made a mental note to post a blow-by-blow scoresheet.

And now everybody's all group-huggy. That's what you get on these family-friendly forums!

Seriously: thanks to the mod squad for keeping things civil. This is the better forum and it shows.

-Matt

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
No more unlimited data for me:/ biggest letdown im being told theres no way around it biggest letdown starting to feel I shouldve just paid the 650

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No more unlimited data for me:/ biggest letdown im being told theres no way around it biggest letdown starting to feel I shouldve just paid the 650
This thread has 7 pages of unlimited beliebers -- um, I mean believers :blink: -- are you saying you've been brainwashed by Verizon front-line salespeople, or worse, minimum-wagers in a franchise/authorized retail store? Bottom line: as far as we know the "switch" strategy is still good. Maybe it just takes a certain amount of pitbull DNA to not accept "no" for an answer?

-Matt

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There are ways around it and we shared them all with you the different methods of keeping your unlimited data. You chose to believe Verizon instead and they got the better of you.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I would have just saved and paided the full price thats what I did easy peasy, no muss no fuss, simple simon, piece of cake ok enough puns lol. Then you dont have to put up with there bull. Yes I know not everyone can do that, thats why I said "save" bonuses, tax refund, birthdays if u still get money for them stuff like that. Just my .02 cents.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

m3incorp

Reaction score
I would have just saved and paided the full price thats what I did easy peasy, no muss no fuss, simple simon, piece of cake ok enough puns lol. Then you dont have to put up with there bull. Yes I know not everyone can do that, thats why I said "save" bonuses, tax refund, birthdays if u still get money for them stuff like that. Just my .02 cents.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

Since none of the methods mentioned didn't work for "whatever reason", have you checked how much data you actually use? Still possible to upgrade to more GB per month data plan, of course it costs more. Also, you may have to look into using wifi more. Just a couple of suggestions.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So is it too late to work through one of the loop holes? If I was the one paying the phonebill I wouldve done it but my mother wouldnt let me screw with the account as she believes what verizon is saying.