No market?

dpaine88

Reaction score
Yea, I'm up late writing a paper haha. Told myself this is the last time I'm gonna refresh the page for a while though.

1) No idea about the boot logo, but I am almost 99% positive I saw a guide on here, pretty sure its in the general "Droid Hacks" section.

2)I dont personally use ADB, never really had the need. Not even sure what you would need it for if your not a developer. You can use terminal to type in any scripts you need, just open terminal and open your hard keyboard. Start off with "SU"(enter) to enable super user so you can edit stuff. From there just type the script. Any "Push/Pull" commands are all ADB though so I have no idea about that.

3)I assume you mean finding MM themes? You can go to CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on FroYo. and go to the forums and go to Motorola Droid Themes. Any Metamorph theme will have [MetaMorph] or [MM] in front of it with instructions inside usually. I have only used it for one thing(Droid 2 battery icons) and that is on the CM Droid Theme forums. Pretty sure some others are too.

4) I've been on CM for a while now,since the 6.0 first RCs and never had a blue market icon.

Hope I helped man.

I'm sure I'll be checkin back so feel free to reply. Took a ton of my ADD meds so I'll be up all friggen night.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
School or college? And that's fine! You've helped me out quite a bit

And I'll search for it. I just usually try asking first because I have the worst luck using search to find anything. Most of the time it shows me lists of ROMs that aren't associated with what I typed. Drives me crazy.

Hmm, maybe I don't even need it then. In the scripts it had adb at the beginning of the text but maybe that's just part of it and has nothing to do with ADB. I hope not anyway.

Alright, will do. Metamorph seems so easy now haha. Now I can use that round battery that he made.

Well, I'll just get one with MM then. I've grown tired of the green. Had black once but it was a little much.
And you have. Thank you and to the others as well!

Yea, I'm up late writing a paper haha. Told myself this is the last time I'm gonna refresh the page for a while though.

1) No idea about the boot logo, but I am almost 99% positive I saw a guide on here, pretty sure its in the general "Droid Hacks" section.

2)I dont personally use ADB, never really had the need. Not even sure what you would need it for if your not a developer. You can use terminal to type in any scripts you need, just open terminal and open your hard keyboard. Start off with "SU"(enter) to enable super user so you can edit stuff. From there just type the script. Any "Push/Pull" commands are all ADB though so I have no idea about that.

3)I assume you mean finding MM themes? You can go to CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on FroYo. and go to the forums and go to Motorola Droid Themes. Any Metamorph theme will have [MetaMorph] or [MM] in front of it with instructions inside usually. I have only used it for one thing(Droid 2 battery icons) and that is on the CM Droid Theme forums. Pretty sure some others are too.

4) I've been on CM for a while now,since the 6.0 first RCs and never had a blue market icon.

Hope I helped man.

I'm sure I'll be checkin back so feel free to reply. Took a ton of my ADD meds so I'll be up all friggen night.

dpaine88

Reaction score
College, pretty easy though its on any plant compound. Chose THC ;)

ADB really just makes it easier. If your a developer your gonna be putting a bunch of commands into the Droid and moving files back and forth for whatever your making.

It makes it a lot easier to type commands and move files between your computer and the droid. Computer keyboard is a lot faster to type than the Droid one.

For as long as I've been rooted, I don't think I've ever put more than 3 lines into Terminal to accomplish anything I want.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha that's good!

Hmm, well if something calls for adb such as changing the bootanimation, can I just do it through Root Explorer and it still work the same? I read that you can put it in data/local folder but it doesn't mention removing the current one(which I would think you would need to do?). But it says to put it there and that's that.
And I've used terminal only for fixing redraw. The boot animation I want doesn't show a terminal installation.
Here it is in case I'm not clear: ‘Android Scribble’: Boot Animation For Android | xda-developers
College, pretty easy though its on any plant compound. Chose THC ;)

ADB really just makes it easier. If your a developer your gonna be putting a bunch of commands into the Droid and moving files back and forth for whatever your making.

It makes it a lot easier to type commands and move files between your computer and the droid. Computer keyboard is a lot faster to type than the Droid one.

For as long as I've been rooted, I don't think I've ever put more than 3 lines into Terminal to accomplish anything I want.

Last edited:

dpaine88

Reaction score
Haha that's good!

Hmm, well if something calls for adb such as changing the bootanimation, can I just do it through Root Explorer and it still work the same? I read that you can put it in data/local folder but it doesn't mention removing the current one(which I would think you would need to do?). But it says to put it there and that's that.
And I've used terminal only for fixing redraw. The boot animation I want doesn't show a terminal installation.
Here it is in case I'm not clear: ‘Android Scribble’: Boot Animation For Android | xda-developers
[]

Hey man, yea this is really easy to do.

"Push" = put onto Droid
"Pull"= Copy from Droid to Computer

Those are ADB commands.

Good news is, you don't need ADB and this is REALLY easy to do.

Basically its like this...

adb remount ----This mounts the SD card, same as doing it from the notification drop down
adb push C:\Users\(user)\Desktop\bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip ----This means take the file from your desktop and put it onto the droid in the folder "/system/media/bootanimation.zip" No different than copying and pasting it into this folder manually via Root Explorer
adb shell reboot ---this just reboots the phone so you can see the new boot animation

ADB has always seemed complicated and unnecessary to me , hence why I've never used it.

Boot Animations work like this...You don't flash it or anything. There is one "Bootanimation.zip" on the phone. You change it by replacing that file. So any boot animations you download will be called "bootanimation.zip" and will replace whatever boot animation is there. You can probably rename the old one whatever you want instead of replacing it, but don't quote me.

I could be wrong, cause I don't care enough to change it, but changing the Boot LOGO, the "M" at the startup, DOES require RSD Lite or whatever it is(only used it once to root).

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just realized I should have at lease thought that that was the same thing. I had to install apps in the system and change permissions so I could use them and people were talking and pushing and pulling them instead. I should've at least considered that they were basically the same process haha.
So, I put in in /system/media rather than data/local folder? That's what something else said but I've seen the .zip for the boot animation in my media folder before. So, I'm gonna try this.
I don't reboot my phone too often other than lately but it's nice seeing something other than the red eye once in a while. I was a UD follower and it had them pre-installed but replacement doesn't do well with it

And yeah, that's the only time I've used RSD lite as well
Someone made my avatar into one for me so I wanted to check it out

Hey man, yea this is really easy to do.

"Push" = put onto Droid
"Pull"= Copy from Droid to Computer

Those are ADB commands.

Good news is, you don't need ADB and this is REALLY easy to do.

Basically its like this...

adb remount ----This mounts the SD card, same as doing it from the notification drop down
adb push C:\Users\(user)\Desktop\bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip ----This means take the file from your desktop and put it onto the droid in the folder "/system/media/bootanimation.zip" No different than copying and pasting it into this folder manually via Root Explorer
adb shell reboot ---this just reboots the phone so you can see the new boot animation

ADB has always seemed complicated and unnecessary to me , hence why I've never used it.

Boot Animations work like this...You don't flash it or anything. There is one "Bootanimation.zip" on the phone. You change it by replacing that file. So any boot animations you download will be called "bootanimation.zip" and will replace whatever boot animation is there. You can probably rename the old one whatever you want instead of replacing it, but don't quote me.

I could be wrong, cause I don't care enough to change it, but changing the Boot LOGO, the "M" at the startup, DOES require RSD Lite or whatever it is(only used it once to root).

dpaine88

Reaction score
I just realized I should have at lease thought that that was the same thing. I had to install apps in the system and change permissions so I could use them and people were talking and pushing and pulling them instead. I should've at least considered that they were basically the same process haha.
So, I put in in /system/media rather than data/local folder? That's what something else said but I've seen the .zip for the boot animation in my media folder before. So, I'm gonna try this.
I don't reboot my phone too often other than lately but it's nice seeing something other than the red eye once in a while. I was a UD follower and it had them pre-installed but replacement doesn't do well with it

And yeah, that's the only time I've used RSD lite as well
Someone made my avatar into one for me so I wanted to check it out

Hmmm...It may be data/local. I just looked on my phone and I have bootanimation.zip in both folders. In data/local the date is Nov 21st. The date on system/media is August 1st 2008.....I def changed my Boot animation prior to the 21st though so I'm not totally sure.

I use a program " Root Tools"(Includes downloadable boot ani's as well as full Root Exp and other options, $2 in market) to install my boot animations. So I have not done it manually, just going off of gained knowledge.

I'm gonna go ahead and say put it data/local first, then reboot. If it doesn't work, then put it in system/media or go ahead and put it in both, doubt it could hurt. Little trial and error never hurt anyone :)

I'm not a rescue squad dude or anything like that, don't develop or anything. I know nothing about linux/Android Core. Pretty good with Windows but thats about it.

Everything I've told you is just stuff I've picked up reading forums etc. So don't take it as god's golden word. Just trying to help you out.

Oh and like you, I found the ADB **** too complicated to worry about, had no idea what the f*ck it was for a while. For the average user, I don't see it being THAT useful. Just as easy to do it without ADB.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have it in my date/local. When I hope it, all I get is a folder named ".." and one named "tmp".
And I actually have that downloaded but I installed the Droid X boot which is what I had on UD and my phone would boot and everything and then just randomly turn off and start rebooting again so I had to revert back to stock.

And it's fine man. I'm not going to hold it against you or anything like that. If something happens, it happens. You're taking the time to help me out, which you have.

And yeah, I find RE to be a pretty simple way to install things. Works just fine for me

BTW: Where is the Droid theme section at Cyanogen? Not finding it so I can get some MM themes

Hmmm...It may be data/local. I just looked on my phone and I have bootanimation.zip in both folders. In data/local the date is Nov 21st. The date on system/media is August 1st 2008.....I def changed my Boot animation prior to the 21st though so I'm not totally sure.

I use a program " Root Tools"(Includes downloadable boot ani's as well as full Root Exp and other options, $2 in market) to install my boot animations. So I have not done it manually, just going off of gained knowledge.

I'm gonna go ahead and say put it data/local first, then reboot. If it doesn't work, then put it in system/media or go ahead and put it in both, doubt it could hurt. Little trial and error never hurt anyone :)

I'm not a rescue squad dude or anything like that, don't develop or anything. I know nothing about linux/Android Core. Pretty good with Windows but thats about it.

Everything I've told you is just stuff I've picked up reading forums etc. So don't take it as god's golden word. Just trying to help you out.

Oh and like you, I found the ADB **** too complicated to worry about, had no idea what the f*ck it was for a while. For the average user, I don't see it being THAT useful. Just as easy to do it without ADB.

Last edited:

dpaine88

Reaction score
goin to bed after this one, on droid now.

yea my data/local just has the boot ani and tmp folder. paste it in the main directory not in tmp.

oh and just go to forums then scroll down to the bottom and you will see the droid one with stable mod, experimental, theme and general droid disc. most themes are for 6.0 stable since devs are waiting for 6.1 stable but there should be a couple MM ones. Only one i have used is the Droid 2 glowing battery icon which doesn't have (MM) in front.

night man, goodluck

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Boot animation should be (Root Explorer method) copied from sd/download and pasted in data/local. Some will paste into system/media instead but your phone looks in the data/local file first.

I don't have it in my date/local. When I hope it, all I get is a folder named ".." and one named "tmp".
And I actually have that downloaded but I installed the Droid X boot which is what I had on UD and my phone would boot and everything and then just randomly turn off and start rebooting again so I had to revert back to stock.

And it's fine man. I'm not going to hold it against you or anything like that. If something happens, it happens. You're taking the time to help me out, which you have.

And yeah, I find RE to be a pretty simple way to install things. Works just fine for me

BTW: Where is the Droid theme section at Cyanogen? Not finding it so I can get some MM themes

DroidForums junkie!

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll paste it in both. See how it works.
Oh, okay. I'll check it out. Thanks
Night man

goin to bed after this one, on droid now.

yea my data/local just has the boot ani and tmp folder. paste it in the main directory not in tmp.

oh and just go to forums then scroll down to the bottom and you will see the droid one with stable mod, experimental, theme and general droid disc. most themes are for 6.0 stable since devs are waiting for 6.1 stable but there should be a couple MM ones. Only one i have used is the Droid 2 glowing battery icon which doesn't have (MM) in front.

night man, goodluck

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. That helps a lot. Thanks. But I didn't see my stock animation inside and I need to remove it don't I? Oh, wait, I have seen it in my media folder so can I just place the file in local without removing the stock one from media if it checks it first?

Boot animation should be (Root Explorer method) copied from sd/download and pasted in data/local. Some will paste into system/media instead but your phone looks in the data/local file first.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boot animation was a success! Round battery icon was a fail. I put it in the right folder and tried to extract using metamorph but said something was missing or wasn't properly written. Don't know of anymore on that. I guess I will have to try something else
This ROM has run the best on my phone so far which is great. I'm tired of flashing