NHL Fans... Post up!

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
There have been a few hockey threads on this forum in the past.. haven't seen any created/bumped this year... Who's your team and why are they awesome? Red Wings fan here. They are 3rd in the NHL but injuries are hurting bad... Hopefully healthy for the playoffs.

GO RED WINGS!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to root for my home team. The coyotes are great to watch, They fight alot. As for skill....ehhhh. They probably wont be winning much. I like hr red wings when it comes to skill, they cool.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Penguins!!! Going to see them play the Capitals in the Verizon Center in two weeks!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bruins, I am an all Boston guy, gotta represent the hometeam no matter how good or bad. I will say I prefer college hockey. University of New Hampshire Vs Maine are some of the best sports games I have ever been too, and that is coming from someone who has been to many Red Sox vs Yankee games and Patriots vs Jets games. Hockey is much better live than on TV, IMO.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bruins, I am an all Boston guy, gotta represent the hometeam no matter how good or bad. I will say I prefer college hockey. University of New Hampshire Vs Maine are some of the best sports games I have ever been too, and that is coming from someone who has been to many Red Sox vs Yankee games and Patriots vs Jets games. Hockey is much better live than on TV, IMO.

I second the live part. I have fun at hockeygames even if the hometeam is losing. On tv i struggle to focus if their winning. :icon_eek: Good stuff.

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Penguins!!! Going to see them play the Capitals in the Verizon Center in two weeks!

1st Pen fan... lol.... I hate the Penguins! Still salty after they prevented us win 2 cups in a row a few years back. Last few hockey threads were littered with you guys... :icon_evil: :biggrin:

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score

Live is def. the best... I would try to get into college hockey.. But its hard enough getting the Wings on here in Atlanta... Never mind a Spartans game...

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Go thrashers! Long time fan, 33 to pick tix inaugural season, lots of autographed sticks pics and hats. Love me my thrashers hockey. Don't live in hotlanta anymore, so we travel and go to islanders and bruins when the thrashers are in town. Thank god xm radio and directv hockey package!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^^ I live in Atlanta... been to many Thrashers games (especially when the Wings come here :) ). They are getting a pretty decent fan base finally... And they get closer and closer to looking like a real team as of late. I kind of wish sometimes I could lose my love for all sports Detroit and root for Atlanta teams (been here 11 years). Tried with the Falcons and the Thrashers though... Just cant :) Still fun to go to games here... Arena right off of Marta...

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
^^^ I live in Atlanta... been to many Thrashers games (especially when the Wings come here :) ). They are getting a pretty decent fan base finally... And they get closer and closer to looking like a real team as of late. I kind of wish sometimes I could lose my love for all sports Detroit and root for Atlanta teams (been here 11 years). Tried with the Falcons and the Thrashers though... Just cant :) Still fun to go to games here... Arena right off of Marta...

God you do not know how jealous i am. I miss atl so much. But yeah, all atl sports for me.... that gane against the packers was horrific. Love me my hockey though! I'm really hoping we can pull something out this year... we have the team finally!

Sent from my DROIDX