[NHL] Let's get this discussion started.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^^ Ouch... lol... Can't believe a number 1 seed gets knocked out by the number 8... The Devils too? Interesting playoffs so far. My Wings needed 7 to take out the Coyotes, had me real nervous (until the 6-1 bloodbath Tuesday :) ). Should be an intersting round 2 for all... Good luck everyone!

OP
M

Matth3w

Where is jkwakopo now? He talked all this smack about Ovechkin and the Caps, and he's no where to be found after a first round exit.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I'd imagine the Caps fans aren't going to say much right now... Was surprised in the pregame interviews... I forget who it was, but he was basically saying he needed Ovie to trust his teammates.... ie.. pass the friggin puck. And watching the 1st period, I def. noticed he's a puck hog, passing up one-timers to try to make the fancy shot.... hmm...

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^ Agreed.. congrats are in order.... I don't know whats more amazing.. Philly's comeback or the Habs beating regular season champs Caps.. then the Stanley Cup champ Pens.... Talk about Cindarellla story....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Philli didn't play amazing.... the Bruins never showed up after game 3-0. Except for 15 minutes in the first period of game 7.

Bruins (my team) blew it. They looked pathetic. They didn't skate. Because when they did it was a smoke show. No clue why they stopped. F*ck the Bruins.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Philli didn't play amazing.... the Bruins never showed up after game 3-0. Except for 15 minutes in the first period of game 7.

Bruins (my team) blew it. They looked pathetic. They didn't skate. Because when they did it was a smoke show. No clue why they stopped. F*ck the Bruins.

It was a great game, both teams played good, it was a game of opportunity and chance, a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Me, being a Flyers fan thought it was great :) But it was anyones game right down till the last horn ..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It was a great game, both teams played good, it was a game of opportunity and chance, a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Me, being a Flyers fan thought it was great :) But it was anyones game right down till the last horn ..
Great game from your side... Bruins did not play Bruins hockey. For 4 games. The smoke show (3-0 and yesterday's first period) was Bruins hockey.... I can't even begin to explain or understand what happened. Like we were two teams... the latter being GARBAGE.

Congrats on the win.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks and I feel for ya, trust me, Im from Philly, we are renowned for taking it as far as you can without taking the championship in any sport lol ..

STIDRIVER

Reaction score

^^ I feel your pain man.... Prolly won't make you feel better.. but all I'm saying is at least if wasn't for the cup. My Red Wings had a 3-2 lead last year... and coughed it up to an inferior team... That series will anger me for the remainder of my days...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still hold to my statement that the Bruins created their own demise... but Philly is now doing the same thing to the Canadiens.... Flyers are playing shut down hockey....

Not liking it but it's happening :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I still hold to my statement that the Bruins created their own demise... but Philly is now doing the same thing to the Canadiens.... Flyers are playing shut down hockey....

Not liking it but it's happening :)

Well, when Im in a situation like you, I mean, I always hope the team that knocked us out gets knocked out, but my friend looks at it the other way, like, well if they knocked us out I want them to go all the way so we can say we were beaten by the best..

OP
M

Matth3w

For me I want the Habs to lose. I think that they play a boring style of hockey over all and I think it's better for the league to have a team that plays run and gun fun style hockey than a team that wins by getting 3 shots on goal a period in some games.

Usually I would want the team that beat us to go all the way but not in this case.

When a team like NJ or Montreal wins the Cup, that sends a message to GMs and Coaches that that style of play can win a Cup, and the next thing you know we are seeing three or more coaches pop up that want their team to play that crap style of hockey.

I'll be glad when all of those coaches' careers die off and we're left watching teams like Chicago, Washington, Pittsburgh, etc.