[NHL] Let's get this discussion started.

M

Matth3w

I see a bunch of you with hockey avatars, so let's hear who you are rooting for and try to keep it as civil as possible while I make fun of you for not being a Penguins' fan.

I'm 29 next month, originally from Pittsburgh. My dad offered to either take me trick or treating on my 10th birthday or go to a hockey game. I chose hockey. I also played deck hockey then ice hockey both for my school and in addition another off season league in the summer.

Some memorable hockey moments:

- Beating Plum in a tournament even though our team sucked.
- Knocking RJ Umberger on his ass against Plum Mustangs about 6 years before he became pro
- Was at Mario Lemieux's last home game when he retired and first game when he came back from retirement
- Was at the Ottawa game in Ottawa for game 1 of the 2007 playoffs...flew in from Texas and dad and I drove to the game. The only people in the entire arena actually from Pittsburgh.
- Was at almost all the home games last playoff season.

My dad has had season tickets for about 15 years or more.

Go Pens!

OP
M

Matth3w

Ovie for MVP... enough said...
Actually while he might get the nod, he really doesn't deserve it. The Caps have proven that they can score and win without him, both when he has been suspended because he is a dirty piece of **** player, and when he simply doesn't get a point. Hell they scored 7 goals one night without him.

The MVP should be someone that without him the team would simply fall apart. For example, when Malkin carried the entire Penguins team when Crosby was hurt. Or something along those lines.

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Ovie for MVP... enough said...
Actually while he might get the nod, he really doesn't deserve it. The Caps have proven that they can score and win without him, both when he has been suspended because he is a dirty piece of **** player, and when he simply doesn't get a point. Hell they scored 7 goals one night without him.

The MVP should be someone that without him the team would simply fall apart. For example, when Malkin carried the entire Penguins team when Crosby was hurt. Or something along those lines.

At least he doesn't cry like Sid The Cry Baby... Well, if you think he doesn't deserve it, then look at what he did against your beloved Penguins the other night. He is CLEARLY the best hockey player in the world. The other day on Sportscenter, they were comparing Lebron James and Ovie. Whose more dominant in their own sports. Not Sid..... So.. Ovie 4 MVP

OP
M

Matth3w

Please, Ovechkin got tapped by Cooke and fell to the ice crying and went off the ice. Sid hasn't cried anything in forver.

Lastly...

Well, if you think he doesn't deserve it, then look at what he did against your beloved Penguins the other night.

And look what Sid and company did to your beloved Caps in the playoffs. Ovie the MVP was playing golf in Russia while Sid and company were hoisting the Cup.

Here, let me remind you:

[video=youtube;pJ-SSxuKScQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-SSxuKScQ[/video]

OP
M

Matth3w

I should also remind you...the GMs were asked who they would most like to build their franchise around...guess who won? It wasn't Ovechkin.

That being said, both are amazing players..two of the best in the entire world...what separates them? One has a Stanley Cup ring, one doesn't.

The Caps are on a killer streak...see if they can beat the record of 17 straight set by who? Yeah, the Penguins. And what happened that year? They didn't win the Cup...just like the Caps won't win this year, either. I'm pretty confident that the Caps don't have the goaltending to win the Cup.

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Please, Ovechkin got tapped by Cooke and fell to the ice crying and went off the ice. Sid hasn't cried anything in forver.

Lastly...

Well, if you think he doesn't deserve it, then look at what he did against your beloved Penguins the other night.
And look what Sid and company did to your beloved Caps in the playoffs. Ovie the MVP was playing golf in Russia while Sid and company were hoisting the Cup.

Here, let me remind you:

[video=youtube;pJ-SSxuKScQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-SSxuKScQ[/video]

hahahaha... that was so last year!!!! Its past. It's done.. Penguins are great!! I love watching Penguins play since Mario days (and I still do, they play great hockey!!!). But it's past... It doesn't matter... Watch the game from few days ago and see what Ovie did. That the definition of MVP. Sid and Malkin are great. Ovie is the BEST PERIOD!

jkwakopo

Reaction score
and I don't have to link any youtube links because everyone knows how nasty Ovie is lol. (Oh yeah, if you have missed, did you see that shot by Ovie few years ago on his back?? laying down?? Many people still thinks that was one of the sickest shot ever)

jkwakopo

Reaction score
I should also remind you...the GMs were asked who they would most like to build their franchise around...guess who won? It wasn't Ovechkin.

That being said, both are amazing players..two of the best in the entire world...what separates them? One has a Stanley Cup ring, one doesn't.

The Caps are on a killer streak...see if they can beat the record of 17 straight set by who? Yeah, the Penguins. And what happened that year? They didn't win the Cup...just like the Caps won't win this year, either. I'm pretty confident that the Caps don't have the goaltending to win the Cup.

We are not talking about who GMs should pick if they start a franchise... who cares about it?? this will never happen kid... I'm talking about who is the MVP. Who is the best. I haven't seen Sid lately on Sportscenter. But America sees Ovie every night doing some nasty stuff lol

Crosby having a ring... he had Malkin with him.. There are 3 best players in the world... Ovie, Sid, and Malkin. Penguins are 2/3 best players... No wonder Sid has a ring... Maybe maybe, Caps may have a chance... Playoff is just too different.... We'll have to see if Ovie and Caps can bring the Stanley Cup to Nation's Capital.

OP
M

Matth3w

The past makes a difference...you're still talking about one insignifcant goal from two years ago. You're talking about an insignificant regular season game from last week (which I should mention crosby had two goals as well).

Also at least ovechkin has good players on his line. Crosby plays with a has been and kunitz who couldn't bury a goal regularly to savehis life

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Who cares about the MVP? Its about the cup... I was excited to see a hockey thread come up, untill I saw it was started by a Pens fan...grrrr... j/k Wings fan here, still salty about last year... especially since we're playing the worst hockey we have in 20 years right now. Part of me is kinda glad we're just gonna sneak into the playoffs this year instead of being heavily favored, takes some of the pressure off...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ryan Miller should get consideration for how phenomenal he's played this year in Buffalo.

I'm a Bruins fan, so I'm not here touting a team right now :)

TreeFrog

Reaction score
I'm just a quiet Avs fan.....waiting for a crease....a five hole...it's comin.. =)

djh074

Reaction score
eh boys. lets talk some hockey. Coyotes/Flyers/Habs fan.

live in phx
grew up in philly
Canadiens r best "original 6" team

great night for me, all my teams won!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
eh boys. lets talk some hockey. Coyotes/Flyers/Habs fan.

live in phx
grew up in philly
Canadiens r best "original 6" team

great night for me, all my teams won!
Thank your Canadiens for allowing the Bruins to break their 10 game winless streak the other night :icon_ devil: