NFL Free Agency 2015

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Niners putting the emphasis on "off" in offseason. All their pieces are falling like dominos.

As for Eagles, now there's talk about trading Barkly (who I was not happy with being drafted in the first place) and picking up Tebow.....this is nuts.
Tebow is simply not an NFL caliber quarterback. His throwing motion is all wrong and he has difficulty switching to the secondary receivers when needed. Great college QB but not cut out for the pros.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tebow is simply not an NFL caliber quarterback. His throwing motion is all wrong and he has difficulty switching to the secondary receivers when needed. Great college QB but not cut out for the pros.

He could probably grow into being a good tight end, especially as a blocker, possibly even full back but his days of being THE guy ended when he joined the nfl. He's too strong for his muscular coordination to ever be a starting qb again. That and you're right, he makes RG3 look like a prodigy at reading defenses in comparison.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Apparently his short stint with New England really helped out, and he's really coming out as a QB. I don't care what he's doing, the kid is a winner.

Example: Mile High Miracle over Steelers in OT postseason.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Apparently his short stint with New England really helped out, and he's really coming out as a QB. I don't care what he's doing, the kid is a winner.

Example: Mile High Miracle over Steelers in OT postseason.
Really, you just had to use that example? Bad memories for me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Supposedly Chip's system will have him thrive in it. As much as I don't like Tebow, he did win when he was being counted on (for the Broncos at least). The conventional QB is rare now and in today's game a player with Tebow's skillset can thrive in. Supposedly he's a better passer now too. However, I just don't want that to be on the team I root for. It's bad enough I have to root for a QB who has glass knees which probably won't hold up for the whole season and his backup is another overhyped USC product who is a borderline NFL caliber quarterback.

And just to make matters a little bit worse, whoever our weekly mystery QB will be, we still don't have much firepower on offense. Jordan Matthews is a beast, but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone can't name who else is starting on that side of the ball for us, other than Ertz and Celek. I don't know if we have a receiving unit that can make these average QBs look good on a weekly basis.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK someone has to be April fooling us 9er fans.

Tim Tebow visits likely to sign with the 49ers 49erswebzone.com

Before anyone break out the "look what he did in Denver" that was nearly 3 years ago and every team including the Patriots passed on him. Look, say what you will about the hoodie but last few players he bailed on ended up washing out of the league (ocho cinco and Randy Moss).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK someone has to be April fooling us 9er fans.

Tim Tebow visits likely to sign with the 49ers 49erswebzone.com

Before anyone break out the "look what he did in Denver" that was nearly 3 years ago and every team including the Patriots passed on him. Look, say what you will about the hoodie but last few players he bailed on ended up washing out of the league (ocho cinco and Randy Moss).

Falcons got zapped 350k, lost a draft pick, etc, etc for LIP SYNCING CROWD NOISE.
Tebow working out for niners. Yeah, same alternate Star Trek universe episode.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not happy at all about this signing. Our QB situation is a what I would call a "Crap Carousel"
Perhaps he was brought in for his locker room presence more than on field? As far as on field, he'd make a good tight end or full back.
When Pete Carroll first took over the Seahawks he created what seemed to be a huge mess, bigger than the mess in Philly, but it turned out to be a huge win for Seahawks fans and the team. Chip is either another Carroll or a total nut case. Time will reveal which it is.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did Jim wear out his welcome in Frisco

Alex Boone said Jim Harbaugh wore out welcome with San Francisco 49ers might be clinically insane

We knew he rubbed the front office the wrong way and heard rumors about the locker room losing touch but seems like the 9ers parting ways with Jim may have not been just because of Baalke.
You can't see by looking in his eyes he's not quite all there? Either ptsd from being on the Dolts or a former junky is what his eyes look like. J/k, I don't really think he's a former junky.
That and who tucks their hooded sweatshirt into their pants? That's just

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The draft is two weeks away.