NFL Free Agency 2015

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Im a cowboys fan and yes murry is a great pick up for the eagles but i think they overpaid for him. Im glad dallas didnt match the eagles contrat. Murry cant stay healthy even with a good line. To much of a risk to me. Even with the way he played last season still got injured. Good luck eagles all i have to say 4 out of the 4 years got injured in the middle of the season. I hope he can stay healthy so he can play the whole season.
Yup, Eagles overpaid for him, but they had to. They had to make it so the Cowboys couldn't come close to the same deal. The way I see it, it's a good overpay because we got a top RB AND made a division rival weaker. Yeah his health has always been a factor, but it's football after all. Besides, it's not anymore questionable than trading away Foles for Bradford, there wasn't any way we could've signed anyone with a worse injury history than Bradford. Murray is a proven RB who gets the ball down the field.

Not only that but Murray and Bradford have history together which I hope doesn't skip a beat in Chip's system. Eagles also seemed to have covered the loss of McCoy quite well.

Eagles have made some questionable moves that I have not been happy about. It all seems to be falling into place with the signing of Murray. Now my only question is, who the heck are our receivers going to be?

troy028

Reaction score
Yup, Eagles overpaid for him, but they had to. They had to make it so the Cowboys couldn't come close to the same deal. The way I see it, it's a good overpay because we got a top RB AND made a division rival weaker. Yeah his health has always been a factor, but it's football after all. Besides, it's not anymore questionable than trading away Foles for Bradford, there wasn't any way we could've signed anyone with a worse injury history than Bradford. Murray is a proven RB who gets the ball down the field.

Not only that but Murray and Bradford have history together which I hope doesn't skip a beat in Chip's system. Eagles also seemed to have covered the loss of McCoy quite well.

Eagles have made some questionable moves that I have not been happy about. It all seems to be falling into place with the signing of Murray. Now my only question is, who the heck are our receivers going to be?
Yea true but i don't think it made cowboys any worse tho because murry wouldn't even come close to what he did last year. I say he gains at most 1100 to 1400 yards this coming season. I wouldn't really say murry proven for the fact he only had 1 good season n that because the cowboys defense sucks. Yea he had 900 something yards 2013 season but how much of this is the cowboys offensive line tho because even randle got 350 yards last year on 50 something carries. Dallas will just use a rotation at that position now probably which would b better to have 2 decebt backs that can give the cowboys at least 1200 to 1300 yards would still be at the same level of play as 2014 season. All dallas has to do is get a defense that can stop a high school football team offense and just retain how cowboys offense moves the ball then they will b super bowl contenders. It will b a exciting season coming up.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea true but i don't think it made cowboys any worse tho because murry wouldn't even come close to what he did last year. I say he gains at most 1100 to 1400 yards this coming season. I wouldn't really say murry proven for the fact he only had 1 good season n that because the cowboys defense sucks. Yea he had 900 something yards 2013 season but how much of this is the cowboys offensive line tho because even randle got 350 yards last year on 50 something carries. Dallas will just use a rotation at that position now probably which would b better to have 2 decebt backs that can give the cowboys at least 1200 to 1300 yards would still be at the same level of play as 2014 season. All dallas has to do is get a defense that can stop a high school football team offense and just retain how cowboys offense moves the ball then they will b super bowl contenders. It will b a exciting season coming up.
The Cowboys got weaker because Romo is once again their biggest weapon. Great stats, great arm but tries too hard,a boom for open linebackers awaiting their receptions. Don't get me wrong I'm rooting for the man but only a back surgery and broken rib kept him from trying too hard this past season.

troy028

Reaction score
The Cowboys got weaker because Romo is once again their biggest weapon. Great stats, great arm but tries too hard,a boom for open linebackers awaiting their receptions. Don't get me wrong I'm rooting for the man but only a back surgery and broken rib kept him from trying too hard this past season.
He had a great season because he had a rushing attack and came clean before the 2014 season he would force passes and said he learned over the years to throw the ball away if nothing there. He did exactly that this season played smart made great choices didnt force anything when not needed. Look back at the 2007 and 2009 seasons when he had a rushing attack his interceptions where both down. Really you cant blame romo if you dont got a defense that cant play unless he can play defense to. Romo will continue to play he did last year with decision making. They will run the ball the same but with 2 backs or more system. Dallas has the best o-line in the league that they can make good lanes for McFadden, randle, and who they draft for rb. Alot of murry yard if not most was cuz of the o-line. Alot of the times murry didnt even get touched until 3 or 4 yards down field. Thats means the line did over the top at doing there job. Even in pass protection they gave romo all day to throw alot of times he still had the ball at 7 or 8 seconds in the hand cuz no body was open. That line is what saved cowboys season last year cuz cowboys offense stayed on the field cuz of great blocking n not putting there terrible defense at best on the field. As long as dallas keeps time of possession on there side upcoming season Dallas is a 11 win teams going 6 n 2 in the devision. I say 11 n 5 right now with a 6 n 2 in the devision is my early prediction

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He had a great season because he had a rushing attack and came clean before the 2014 season he would force passes and said he learned over the years to throw the ball away if nothing there. He did exactly that this season played smart made great choices didnt force anything when not needed. Look back at the 2007 and 2009 seasons when he had a rushing attack his interceptions where both down. Really you cant blame romo if you dont got a defense that cant play unless he can play defense to. Romo will continue to play he did last year with decision making. They will run the ball the same but with 2 backs or more system. Dallas has the best o-line in the league that they can make good lanes for McFadden, randle, and who they draft for rb. Alot of murry yard if not most was cuz of the o-line. Alot of the times murry didnt even get touched until 3 or 4 yards down field. Thats means the line did over the top at doing there job. Even in pass protection they gave romo all day to throw alot of times he still had the ball at 7 or 8 seconds in the hand cuz no body was open. That line is what saved cowboys season last year cuz cowboys offense stayed on the field cuz of great blocking n not putting there terrible defense at best on the field. As long as dallas keeps time of possession on there side upcoming season Dallas is a 11 win teams going 6 n 2 in the devision. I say 11 n 5 right now with a 6 n 2 in the devision is my early prediction
I'd have said 7-1 in division. The Eagles are going for next years first draft pick it seems by getting Bradford with Sanchez as his backup, the Skins will repeat their fiasco of last year and I'm not sure which Giants team will show up so there's where I see the 1 loss. There's an old saying "in the land of the blind the 1 eyed man is king". The Cowboys are at least the 1 eyed man of the NFC East, no matter how good or bad Romo plays this year.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DeMarco Murray will not shine in Philly....why? Because the Eagles have a horrible offensive line, where the Cowboys had a really good one. Murray will be hurt by week #9.

My Steelers: They signed DeAngelo Williams - yes, old by today's standards, but will be good for Pittsburgh since Bell is suspended for the first 2 games, then Williams will be a bona fide backup.

Big Ben Roethlesberger is ending his career where it started after he signed a 5 year deal to stay with Pittsburgh. Let's hope that Pittsburgh doesn't waste too many years trying to find his replacement.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're still trying to replace Terry Bradshaw. Ben came along totally by accident ;)

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
[QUOTE="Vulcan1600, post: 2603261, member: 7183"
My Steelers: They signed DeAngelo Williams - yes, old by today's standards, but will be good for Pittsburgh since Bell is suspended for the first 2 games, then Williams will be a bona fide backup.

Big Ben Roethlesberger is ending his career where it started after he signed a 5 year deal to stay with Pittsburgh. Let's hope that Pittsburgh doesn't waste too many years trying to find his replacement.[/QUOTE]

They are actually my Steelers.

Glad to see Ben is staying. Hope he can have another year like last year!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would love to see Jermaine Gresham of CIN sign with Denver now that Julius Thomas went to Jacksonville.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I'm not looking forward to football season this year.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Who's your team PC...the Saints? They should be a tough team again this year. Better than the Browns.

Sent from my One+One, using Magic...

Saints have it good compared to my team. The 49ers are a comedy tour right now. If you are a 9er fan you just have to laugh at this point because there are no more tears left.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that young linebacker retiring was a shock.

Sent from my One+One, using Magic and my version 2.4.15 TapaTalk
Looks like they're also not going to make much attempt to keep Crabtree either.
I a different note, Mike Wallace leaving the Dolphins is a good thing for Dolphins fans I suppose. His drama outweighed his performance to me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Niners putting the emphasis on "off" in offseason. All their pieces are falling like dominos.

As for Eagles, now there's talk about trading Barkly (who I was not happy with being drafted in the first place) and picking up Tebow.....this is nuts.