NFL Free Agency 2015

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
usa-today-7904197.0.jpg

In about 40 minutes (from the time I posted this) the NFL Free Agency Season is officially under way. This is the time where fans will part ways and retires player jerseys while welcoming a new player (and jersey) to the team. This is the time players have played for to see if they can get the best deal they can. So get ready for the free agency period followed by the NFL Draft as teams prepare to surround themselves with talent with the hopes they will be a team capable of hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February of 2016.
So here is where we talk about how we felt our team did with signing and losing veteran free agents.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's what they need offensively. I don't care if they pay Lynch fifty mill a year they want to have a more pass oriented offense. Their skid last year was while trying to get away from a ground and pound style and they didn't get back on track offensively until they went back to Beast Mode. Graham could compliment their mediocre receivers like Gronk does with New England and open up another avenue for Wilson to exploit defensive weaknesses with. Graham would NOT have given up and be intercepted had it been him thrown to instead "ah ight", who didn't even try to fight when his path was crossed.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
PC, I'm going to have to look but if I heard it right as I walked through my den they're giving up their best center AND this years first round draft pick? That's a bit much, especially giving up Unger.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the heck Eagles are doing, but I don't like it.

Bradford for Foles + picks.....REALLY?!
Off the top of my head that's the dumbest move I've seen in pro football since the Herschel Walker trade.
Bradford? Really

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Off the top of my head that's the dumbest move I've seen in pro football since the Herschel Walker trade.
Bradford? Really
I don't think Bradford is any better than Foles and he's a heck of alot more expensive too. Not to mention the picks that were traded for him. Gave up ALOT on a QB who is coming off two ACL surgeries. Chip done lost his mind.

The defensive upgrades are great and that's the side of the field that Eagles really struggled with. However, Chip thinking he can just "plug n play" in his system for offense, we'll see about that. Let go of Jackson, McCoy, and Maclin. Those are 3 studs on the offense. All to keep Riley Cooper who is invisible 75% of the time on the field...unbelievable...

And Ryan Matthews pickup....I would've preferred Gore, but Gore got cold feet. Can't blame him when your coach makes it seem like everyone is so expendable. Matthews is going to get hurt, just like every year....calling it now. Sproles and Polk will carry the load for the backs.

Bradford and Sanchez running the offense....we're in for a looong season. 8 wins, tops I think. Unless the defense really gels, then I say back at 10 with a quick exit from the playoffs if Eagles even make it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think Bradford is any better than Foles and he's a heck of alot more expensive too. Not to mention the picks that were traded for him. Gave up ALOT on a QB who is coming off two ACL surgeries. Chip done lost his mind.

The defensive upgrades are great and that's the side of the field that Eagles really struggled with. However, Chip thinking he can just "plug n play" in his system for offense, we'll see about that. Let go of Jackson, McCoy, and Maclin. Those are 3 studs on the offense. All to keep Riley Cooper who is invisible 75% of the time on the field...unbelievable...

And Ryan Matthews pickup....I would've preferred Gore, but Gore got cold feet. Can't blame him when your coach makes it seem like everyone is so expendable. Matthews is going to get hurt, just like every year....calling it now. Sproles and Polk will carry the load for the backs.

Bradford and Sanchez running the offense....we're in for a looong season. 8 wins, tops I think. Unless the defense really gels, then I say back at 10 with a quick exit from the playoffs if Eagles even make it.
Any qb is better than one on ir. I'm guessing that's why they gave Sanchez a 3 year deal and put a clause covering themselves when (oops I mean if) Bradford gets injured again.
Chip reminds me of the coach the Bucs fired a year + ago. My way regardless of win or not.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Any qb is better than one on ir. I'm guessing that's why they gave Sanchez a 3 year deal and put a clause covering themselves when (oops I mean if) Bradford gets injured again.
Chip reminds me of the coach the Bucs fired a year + ago. My way regardless of win or not.
Hopefully Bradford can be healthy. Though with that guy's injury history, he'd probably get hurt in Chip's practices.

I still can't believe such a stupid trade happened. And just to make things worse, Sanchez is the backup (though starter eventually) again. Birds are doomed.

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I'm still scratching my head over the Jimmy Graham trade. I mean, I understand it from Seattle's POV, but what the heck were the Saints thinking?

As for the Jets...oy. They haven't had a decent quarterback in eons. Looks like they're not in any danger of breaking that streak.

And Chip Kelly's just nuts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head over the Jimmy Graham trade. I mean, I understand it from Seattle's POV, but what the heck were the Saints thinking?

As for the Jets...oy. They haven't had a decent quarterback in eons. Looks like they're not in any danger of breaking that streak.

And Chip Kelly's just nuts.

What I understand is Payton approached the Seahawks in an attempt to get Unger, Graham wasn't even in the conversation until Sunday.
What I'm scratching my head over is the Cowboys still haven't seen the running game with Murray leading the charge is what got Dallas over their yearly 8-8 finish. He's not going to fit in somewhere else because he's not that show stopper running back worth 9 mill a year but he's worth that much to Dallas to keep Tony from losing games trying to do it all by himself again. All the cards fell in the right place with Romo not healing from back surgery and Jerry still can't see it?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

John40

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android S4
OK is it just me or is this one of the craziest off-seasons I have ever seen? Just what the Bears have done alone is enough to confuse me. I do not know why you would want to implode your offense unless you plan on dusting off the ’85 Bears in another run for the Super bowl.

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
Bringing back Walter Payton for another Super Bowl run? Now that would be news. ;)

Reactions: cr6

troy028

Reaction score
ITS OFFICIAL: DeMarco Murray to sign with Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

Great pickup. We'll see how him and Bradford do. But if not, we got one heck of a runner to replace McCoy with. I just hope he can stay healthy.
Im a cowboys fan and yes murry is a great pick up for the eagles but i think they overpaid for him. Im glad dallas didnt match the eagles contrat. Murry cant stay healthy even with a good line. To much of a risk to me. Even with the way he played last season still got injured. Good luck eagles all i have to say 4 out of the 4 years got injured in the middle of the season. I hope he can stay healthy so he can play the whole season.