Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Was almost a perfect football Sunday for me.

Niners Win
Seahawks Lose
Cardinals Win <-- would have been nice if they lost. :mad:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
All of our teams lost....

sent from my sexy Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was almost a perfect football Sunday for me.

Niners Win
Seahawks Lose
Cardinals Win <-- would have been nice if they lost. :mad:
Cardinals stand the best chance of being the first team to play a super bowl in their own stadium.
I said at the start of the pre season they'd take their division and I stand by it, them possibly getting home field throughout. They didn't win by a ton today but made the Lions very stout defense look average.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have anything to say about the Broncos. I'm baffled.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Except you guys still lead your division. Main goal is to win your division and go into the playoffs healthy. Home field advantage is gravy but there have been teams who made it to the super bowl without it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Me either. Except they ran into the real Rams, not the winning record of the Saint Louis team.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Except you guys still lead your division. Main goal is to win your division and go into the playoffs healthy. Home field advantage is gravy but there have been teams who made it to the super bowl without it.
You're exactly right, until you lose Sanders and Thomas back-to-back.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Peterson suspended for the rest of the season. Good call by Goodell

Sent from my SCH-I545

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Peterson suspended for the rest of the season. Good call by Goodell

Sent from my SCH-I545
Wow did that guy fall from grace. Dude went from one of the faces in the league who you would never think you would have to worry about getting suspended. Last year if you polled people on the likelihood Adrian Peterson would be suspended for conduct majority would be in the 0-10% chance. Yet here we are and it shows that you really do not know these athletes and celebrities. Just because they smile for the cameras, break records, and appear in commercials do not mean they are not humans. I understand that people are divided on discipline, people from the south or certain walks may lean towards the belt and even they, after seeing the pictures, saw Peterson in the wrong.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow did that guy fall from grace. Dude went from one of the faces in the league who you would never think you would have to worry about getting suspended. Last year if you polled people on the likelihood Adrian Peterson would be suspended for conduct majority would be in the 0-10% chance. Yet here we are and it shows that you really do not know these athletes and celebrities. Just because they smile for the cameras, break records, and appear in commercials do not mean they are not humans. I understand that people are divided on discipline, people from the south or certain walks may lean towards the belt and even they, after seeing the pictures, saw Peterson in the wrong.
Yup. He's definitely portrayed as one of the classiest players in the league, but the keyword there is "player", he is still human. Despite his monster stats, athleticism, strength, etc. he is still a human being as much as we are. He made a mistake, a very costly one, but I think he'll learn from it and so will everyone else including fans and other players. As fans, we get so caught up in the stats and how players are portrayed we get that shock factor when they commit a crime.

I understand that his form of punishment was from his upbringing and culture, but he (along with everyone else) needs to realize that these forms of punishment aren't right anymore. Yeah frustration or anger blinds us in "the heat of the moment" sometimes, but this was a child, his child. To go that far and leave those kind of markings on his child's body, especially in some parts of his body, is completely unacceptable.

This is definitely a wakeup call to players as well, that no one is immune to punishment in the NFL or any sport. The punishment of a high profile player of Peterson's caliber will surely cross over to other sports. I'm glad these domestic violence and abuse cases are being revealed, it's a crime that goes unnoticed way too often.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The league still hasn't figured out what their domestic violence policy is except do some feel good tv commercials and throw those caught up in the Ray Rice syndrome. Adrian didn't help his own cause by not showing up on Friday at his hearing and not requesting a continuance but the league has adopted "throw a bunch of spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks" policy. They did a good thing with the commissioners exempt list that magically popped out of thin air but laid a big turd in their follow up. Unfortunately Peterson will probably end up ending his career on a bad note but with back pay. Just lie Rice, the league said 1 thing then did another, leading to this possibly ending up in federal court in the end and a judge making the policy of the league for them.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins pull it off over the Jets!

S5 tap'n
The Jets were doing everything they could to LOSE the game. They're side-by-side with Oakland this year. Sexy Rexy is going to be out of a job.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Jets were doing everything they could to LOSE the game. They're side-by-side with Oakland this year. Sexy Rexy is going to be out of a job.

He should've been fired a long time ago. I'm surprised he's still HC bit he is definitely gone after the season if not sooner

Sent from my SCH-I545