Congrats to First Female NFL Referee

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
488043740-line-judge-sarah-thomas-looks-on-before-the-gettyimages.jpg

It may be a man's game but we are seeing more and more women get involved one way or another with one of the ultimate men's sport. Whether it be mothers and wives cheering on their loved ones, women enjoying the game, female announcers, and those even participating in fantasy football.

I am proud to congratulate Mrs. Sarah Thomas on becoming the first female referee to referee in a regular season game. I wish her success with her career and extend a round of applause. Though this is a topic for the NFL 2015-2016 season thread, I felt this deserved a thread all in its own.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And may she be nimble and quick..and not get crushed or even hit... Not a joke..you wouldn't want to get hit out there either..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Except for Ed Hochuli, that guy is in better shape than a lot of the players.

As for a female ref, I'm against it. I'm all for equality for women, but there are some roles they just aren't suited for. Refs get leveled all the time, a woman doesn't belong on the field in any capacity.
IDK....that's just my opinion.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

As for a female ref, I'm against it. I'm all for equality for women, but there are some roles they just aren't suited for. Refs get leveled all the time, a woman doesn't belong on the field in any capacity.
She know the risks. She is around 22 dudes who can run sub 5 sec 40s, popped up on testosterone, looking to rip each other's heads off.
If they can take a bullet for our country, put out fires, and serve as police officers battling drugged out men, then I say let her take the risk.
Besides, after seeing rhonda rousey I refuse to say what a woman can't do (as far as sports) because I am betting she can get every single one of us to tap out in less than a minute.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good point, but where does it end? Would you then allow women on the team next? (I never said she wasn't "capable" of doing the job)
We've already allowed girls to play football in Jr & high school teams....

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good point, but where does it end? Would you then allow women on the team next? (I never said she wasn't "capable" of doing the job)
We've already allowed girls to play football in Jr & high school teams....

My biggest thing has always been may the best person play. I believe that in life and sports. If a woman can beat a man out of a position then so be it. But that has not happened in the pros (or a major D 1 college) so the answer is no. But if a Women's Soccer player could kick field goals better than any of the men out there under pressure then heck yeah...line her up and let her bring it home. Don't let me own a NFL team, Ill have a try out day for all soccer players, men and women alike. Line them up and just see if we can find a nugget.

See when all that hoopla about Michael Sam came out last year I was like ....yeah what ever....can you play. I don't care what you do in your off time. If people are ok allowing people who beat women and kids, smoke drugs, and steal crab legs play football I don't see why they all of a suddenly going to get all self righteous about a person's sexual preference. In between the white lines from whistle to whistle decides who play and that is what I love about the game. It don't matter whether you came from a poor family or are a descendant of wealth, all that goes out the window when the pads come on.

How I relate that to life is I believe that should be the case with life in general. May the best person get the job. If I had two applications in hand I can care less what their race, sex, religion, etc, whether they are rich or poor, a frat boy or part of a prestigious alumni, can you make my company money. If you can do more for my company than the next person you are hired, if not....sorry.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

As long as the hit isn't intentional to hurt her, let her get hit. She knows the risks. If she loves football like many men do, have at it.