nexus = new thunderbolt?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I got an OG and while I must have gotten 3 or 4 OTA updates, it worked pretty darn good from day one. I don't think there will be many issues with either of the new phones. if anything, the issues will be apps that you want to install due to the new programming. I'm sure app updates will solve that quickly, however.

wolstonc

Reaction score
The Bionic was anticipated in a similar fashion to the thunderbolt. The g nex is anticipated in the same fashion as the og droid.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I have had no issues with my thunderbolt. I rooted it and ran skyraider which is awesome. Now I am running unofficial cyanogen and its wonderful. Nexus will be my new phone with the thunderbolt passed on to my wife.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
Thunderbolt actually = HTC.
Nexus = google.

Big difference. HTC releases phones every month. Google every year.

Google has released two great devices so far. I'm not concerned. I'm only wondering about battery

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Thunderbolt actually = HTC.
Nexus = google.

Big difference. HTC releases phones every month. Google every year.

Google has released two great devices so far. I'm not concerned. I'm only wondering about battery

Google doesn't manufacture the phone or any of the previous "Google" phones. The Galaxy Nexus is a Samsung phone.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Dime to a dollar Razr has boat loads of problems.

Moto makes the crappiest products.

I do agree with ya there somewhat :)

I did have my OG Droid replaced numerous times during the first year of ownership trough Verizon's warranty, by receiving cert like new devices, before I received one without issues. I think I could be wrong, but I think at least 8 times... wished it was a joke :-(

I still love my OG Droid, think one of the best, or let me rephrase, the best phone I have owned. Maybe because of the unlocked bootloader, being able to try all the ROMs that have ever existed, a true pioneer to the developer community :)

I do also own a DX2, not till the recent 2.3.4 update, had a constant freeze issue, still have playback issues, the fugly pentile screen. Was not happy with that phone, but I did drop my OG Droid, and cracked the screen, so I needed a replacement, and only reason I got it, cause a friend sold it to me for almost next to nothing.

I did try the Bionic, but turn off was the pentile screen, and really, I replaced it like the 3rd day, cause of random boot loops happening. But ultimately, could not handle the pentile screen, and returned it.

I do not think, that the GN will be the next thunderbolt, it comes with an unlocked bootloader, source... Samsung seems to be great, none of my family members replaced theirs, we got the Charge and the Stratosphere, and no issues at at all.

I am a moto user for the past 3 years or so... but I had and still have my fair share of issues with their phones, so I will try my luck the Samsung's Galaxy Nexus... cause so far we never claimed a warranty on the samsung phones we have.

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
I have a Thunderbolt and a Bionic. I never had a problem with my TB it is as fast or faster than the Bionic ( when the Bionic works ) its probably twice as thick and battery life sucks but it is dependable. I think any high end smart phone you get is gonna be a battery hog how long does your lap top last on battery? Hopefully if we ever get the update for the Bionic it will work as its supposed to. Its all about social networking and ease of operation now every phone that comes out is just a little bit better than the last one. Im looking forward to see some reviews on the Nexus when it hits the UK let them test it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a Thunderbolt and a Bionic. I never had a problem with my TB it is as fast or faster than the Bionic ( when the Bionic works ) its probably twice as thick and battery life sucks but it is dependable. I think any high end smart phone you get is gonna be a battery hog how long does your lap top last on battery? Hopefully if we ever get the update for the Bionic it will work as its supposed to. Its all about social networking and ease of operation now every phone that comes out is just a little bit better than the last one. Im looking forward to see some reviews on the Nexus when it hits the UK let them test it.

Eventually there will be a battery break through where they will beer able to power devices for Weeks on end. Someday. I can't wait to see How these quad core phones are going to be.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you mean Bloat loads and Bootloads of problems! :icon_ lala:

Hopefully someone will be abler to reverse engineer the unlockable bootloader off the euro version for the VZW version and it will work on the bionic and d3 since they all are so similar

wooddale

Reaction score
Eventually there will be a battery break through where they will beer able to power devices for Weeks on end. Someday. I can't wait to see How these quad core phones are going to be.

hope your wright something has gotta happen