Should i buy the Galaxy Nexus or No?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Seidio screen protector for the original Droid is awesome, you couldn't tell it was on the screen even if you tried.

You just have to put them on perfect so that there aren't any bubbles underneath them.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I don't like screen protectors at all so I'll be going without. I am so anal about keeping my phones perfect and I've never had any problems.

Screen protectors for me are a love/hate thing. I love em cause they protect the screen but I hate them because they're a PITA in the sunlight. I'll be looking for quality ones when I get my G-Nex though, it's much more important to me to keep a screen in mint condition than the body since one could just throw a case on it and it looks like a whole nother phone and you won't see any booboos but the screen will always be looked at.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Screen protectors for me are a love/hate thing. I love em cause they protect the screen but I hate them because they're a PITA in the sunlight. I'll be looking for quality ones when I get my G-Nex though, it's much more important to me to keep a screen in mint condition than the body since one could just throw a case on it and it looks like a whole nother phone and you won't see any booboos but the screen will always be looked at.

I know the zagg shields are expensive and felt odd, but i just got a replacement for my og and it feels like completely different material. doesnt have that tackyness to it. IMHO if they did change the design, its awesome and worth it. I just pay to get it put on, that way if it bubbles the next one and install are free. its only like 8 bucks for the screen. more for the whole phone, but im not down with the whole phone thing. it needs shock protection too.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gorilla glass can still be scratched, my cousins original Droid's screen is all scratched up. I've had a screen protector on mine since day one, so it's free of any.

I don't like the feel of screen protectors. I would rather go naked which is exactly how my bionic is right now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the Seidio protectors? They feel exactly like the Droid's gorilla glass.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What size? They're cut exactly to the screen's size.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I always have trouble installing those darn things without some kind of dust or air bubble forming. I usually just get someone else to do it for me :).

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Takes some practice, but I've got it down to a science=P

My friends always get me to put them on now, wish I hadn't told them I could do it so well.

The key is using the fiber cloth under a lamp shade, so dust particles are less likely to fall down on the screen as you clean it. Once you're about to put it on, have a credit card ready and lay it perfect and push all bubbles out. Dust is the main cause for bubbles, so using the fiber cloth and keeping the device under a shade of some sort gives you a much better chance of getting a perfect application.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've got terrible shakes so that contributes a good amount to my inability to install screen protectors :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh no, Seidio's are perfectly cut to the exact dimensions of the phones. I've already contacted them and they're working on the GN protectors already.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, interesting. Well when the GN comes out, I'll take through its runs at Verizon. If I like it, I'll probably exchange it....as long as Costco gets it. And if those screen protectors are as good as you say they are, I might pick up a few of those.