Should i buy the Galaxy Nexus or No?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a side by side comparison of the nexus and the Droid Razr? Those are the 2 I am torn between, although I admit I have been waiting for the galaxy nexus since we all first heard the rumors of it... I like the "ruggedness" of the razr. I am a bit rough on my phones so does anyone have experience with samsung devices in general with regards to durability etc? What gpu chip does the Razr have?

If you want to know how Samsung's build qualities are take a look at this video of the SGSII vs iPhone 4S in a drop test.

[video=youtube;ZaMD6RG37n4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMD6RG37n4&feature=related[/video]

Bixby

Reaction score
idk what you should do. make a pros and cons list from what you think deep down? then won't have anyone to blame but yourself if things don't go as hoped.

Look- I WANT THIS PHONE SO DAMN BADLY. I have an O.G motorola Droid and I am beginning to wonder if i should just go get something else this coming week...Because Honestly...I just don't know how healthy this is what I'm doing to myself. Waiting. Googling this phone 4-5x a day. Constantly re-reading and rewatching videos and writeups on it. I am losing my MIND!!!

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT 3 MORE DAMN WEEKS. That is all :mad:

4-5x a day, that's it?!?!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a side by side comparison of the nexus and the Droid Razr? Those are the 2 I am torn between, although I admit I have been waiting for the galaxy nexus since we all first heard the rumors of it... I like the "ruggedness" of the razr. I am a bit rough on my phones so does anyone have experience with samsung devices in general with regards to durability etc? What gpu chip does the Razr have?
I like the fact that nexus has a curved screen, making it a bit more drop proof when dropped face down on cement. That's the most critical test that usually shatters screens into spider web.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If you want to know how Samsung's build qualities are take a look at this video of the SGSII vs iPhone 4S in a drop test.

[video=youtube;ZaMD6RG37n4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMD6RG37n4&feature=related[/video]

Ugh, that's hard to watch!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Nice video, I hadn't seen that. The build quality is the only thing I am slightly worried about, especially after coming from strictly Motorola phones (and Palm of course). I've never had a phone break on me though and I'm going to treat my Nexus like a newborn so I'm hoping I'll be good.

jerroedr

Reaction score
otterbox that ho'! id use one on my d1 but the damn thing has a qwerty

doublea500

Reaction score
I really would like to bash, but theres a no bashing clause... so yea

you should be fine with your droid bionic. i would wait a month or so after the galaxy nexus gets released to see if its flaws and strong points. however, if your going to wait a month, you may as well wait to see the next generation of phones. i say wait.

The Bionic is a great basically flawless phone. it runs smoothly. theres no harm in waiting

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ugh, that's hard to watch!

But impressive to say the least. I've dropped my iPod face down... done. I've seen my brother drop his OG Droid face down... done. I've dropped my OG Droid on it's back with a hard case on it and it was fine though. I don't think I've ever seen a phone get dropped 3 times, once waist high, another SHOULDER high and then waist high on it's front with little to no damage done. I can't imagine Sammy not doing the same for the G-Nex. I think it's going to be a really solid build, but mine will be Otterbox'd for sure.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going naked for my Nexus. It's too good looking not to =P.

I will put a screen protector on it though, I'm always afraid of scratches =P

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I haven't heard anything about it having gorilla glass so I guess it doesn't have it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been confirmed on Samsung's facebook page that it isn't Cornings Gorilla Glass, but it is another "reinforced glass". That's all they said.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No gorilla glass=screen protector.

Not a big deal or anything. I still might swap my bionic for the GS.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

If I wasn't a carpenter I'd go naked but I'm just not going to take that chance.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No gorilla glass=screen protector.

Not a big deal or anything. I still might swap my bionic for the GS.

Gorilla glass can still be scratched, my cousins original Droid's screen is all scratched up. I've had a screen protector on mine since day one, so it's free of any.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't like screen protectors at all so I'll be going without. I am so anal about keeping my phones perfect and I've never had any problems.