nexus = new thunderbolt?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I got the thunderbolt after months of delays because "it was the newest coolest phone out." Little did I know that it was a "beta" 4g phone basically. I'm still having problems with it freezing to where I have to pull the battery.

I'm beginning to lean towards the razr for this reason. Am I making a bad decision comparing the nexus to the thunderbolt with both being the first of their kind?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
How is the nexus comparable to the thunderbolt in anyway?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. How is it comparable? And why do you think the RAZR will have less bugs than the Nexus when the Bionic has data, reboot and music playback issues?

Boot Manager

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anything you could make the comparison that the Rezound may have similar issues as the Thunderbolt, since they're made by the same manufacturer, but even that's a stretch with no merit honestly.

Comparing the Nexus to the Thunderbolt is as they say, Apples to Oranges.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I agree. How is it comparable? And why do you think the RAZR will have less bugs than the Nexus when the Bionic has data, reboot and music playback issues?

Boot Manager

Not just the Bionic, the DX2 as well... so freaking frustrated with the DX2 I have...

doublea500

Reaction score
I think the main arguement you can make is that this is a google phone. its vanilla. however, it is the "beta" ice cream sandwich like you said. for this reason, im going to wait a week or two after​ its released to see how it is.

indymale26

Reaction score
bionic is a beast of a phone if ur a lucky one who got one bug free but ota update this month will help all other users

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I think the main arguement you can make is that this is a google phone. its vanilla. however, it is the "beta" ice cream sandwich like you said. for this reason, im going to wait a week or two after​ its released to see how it is.

or, you can use your 14 day return to retain your upgrade eligibility ;-P in case you don't like it.

But, looks like to some manufacturers, any new Android OS version is like a beta, due to their own UI tweaks and crap...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the thunderbolt after months of delays because "it was the newest coolest phone out." Little did I know that it was a "beta" 4g phone basically. I'm still having problems with it freezing to where I have to pull the battery.

I'm beginning to lean towards the razr for this reason. Am I making a bad decision comparing the nexus to the thunderbolt with both being the first of their kind?

WTF? First of their kind? What are you talking about? Are you referring to LTE and ICS? If so, these are completely different things. Yes, I think you're insane comparing these two devices. Simply ridiculous.

chewy74

Reaction score
i think the OP meant thunderbolt being the most anticipated phone at the time & g nexus being the most anticipated phone of the present time...and if the g nexus will follow the same road as the thunderbolt did and turning out to be not so great

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think the OP meant thunderbolt being the most anticipated phone at the time & g nexus being the most anticipated phone of the present time...and if the g nexus will follow the same road as the thunderbolt did and turning out to be not so great

Still, the hype for the Nexus puts the blunderbolt to shame. No comparison.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pilot25

Reaction score
Dime to a dollar Razr has boat loads of problems.

Moto makes the crappiest products.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think anything can beat the internet hype for the thunderbolt - unless Samsung/VZW starts taking preorders today and push the release back until January - the thunderbolt was a mad house in marketing and internet frenzy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk