New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Aim

Reaction score
I didn't even see this thread until a week after getting the new plan. Lol

A couple guys at work were happy with their EVOs and Sprint service that I was ready to go to them. I was actually about two clicks from committing to a contact with Sprint through Radio Shack, when they informed me of the premium fee. I figured I'd hold off and give VZW another shot and it all worked out.

This Droid X is my first smartphone and I really love it! :)

OK, that strikes a note with me. Was it because they wouldn't give you the plan? Or did you have other complaints?

Sprint's 4G network isn't really a lot of 4G and I've heard nothing good about their 3G network. I have no intentions of leaving Verizon and I didn't have to threaten to do so to get the new plan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So my wife and I are going to be starting a new plan this month. We're both getting of our parents plan and are planning to grab some smart phones. Should I pay up for a regular plan in store and call in to get it changed to these rates? Will I be able to get it changed after signing a 2 year contract? Any experience with this yet? Thanks

D

dankarlinski

So my wife and I are going to be starting a new plan this month. We're both getting of our parents plan and are planning to grab some smart phones. Should I pay up for a regular plan in store and call in to get it changed to these rates? Will I be able to get it changed after signing a 2 year contract? Any experience with this yet? Thanks

if you get the right person, you will have no problem getting it switched over. i wa on vzw for about 3 months and they switched me over right away. if you have any lower rates with an older plan, you will lose the grandfather clause and have to go with this plan, but you really cant beat it anyways...

Beka27

Reaction score

I'm not sure if this promo is still being offered or if it ended with the year. But in general, making adjustments with your plan has no bearing on your contract except extending it if you are up for renewal soon. With the knowledge of this plan, you could go into the store and tell them you're interested in starting a new plan IF they can honor this promotion for you. But again, not sure if it's still available: some have said it's over, some were still getting it last week.

venk25

Reaction score
After getting the promo, I went to a local Verizon Premium Retail location and got new phones (on 28th) using my upgrade. When I checked my Verizon account this morning, my the plan didn't reflect this promo. So, I called 611 and the rep said I don't have this promo and just have Smart Phone talk free promo. The rep said he doesn't know of any other promo and can't offer me anything. I then called this promo's toll-free number and the rep researched and found that the retailer changed my plan to Smart Phone Talk Free when I bought the phones :icon_evil:. The rep switched me back on this promo. Folks who bought phones after getting this promo - check to ensure you still have this promo.

The rep also reminded that I have one more line (5th line) available and I can make use of this promo. This sort of indicates this promo is still alive.

flashjh

Reaction score
Still going on

Three more friends got the promotion today. One had to ask for a supervisor on their third call. The other two got it on their first try. Who knows why?

Anyhow, the one that had a hard time was told by a supervisor that the promotion is ending on the 30th. We don't know if that meant 30 Dec or 30 Jan. The way they said it though, it sounded like they meant 30 Dec and they made it sound like they would give the promotion as a courtesy.

So, either way, it sounds like the promotion will be over soon. So if you haven't called yet, now's your chance.

allan1313

Reaction score
Ok I just got the plan today. 3 calls did not work. 2 emails did. After the second email they called me and said they would do it for me. dancedroid

allan1313

Reaction score
Just about customer loyalty and being a customer for 15 years and asking how others are eligible but I am not. They replied that they appreciated my loyalty and would be glad to offer me the promotion.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

flashjh

Reaction score
Folks who bought phones after getting this promo - check to ensure you still have this promo.

I had this happen as well. I got the promo added to all four of my lines and then upgraded two of the lines. The promo dropped off both lines when I ordered the phones from Wirefly. When the phones arrived I called and activated the phones with 611 and then called the promo # to get the promo added back onto both phones. The rep at 611 tried too add it back onto the phones but didn't know how without dropping my corporate discount. That's why I had to call the promo # back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

flashjh

Reaction score
Couldn't find an edit button, but I almost forgot, Boss tried for the plan and they gave it to him. (FL) He also was able to keep the 2000 minutes we had on our old plan. Just to keep that in mind.

If you're on this plan out adding out, they'll give 2000 minutes to anyone who asks. It's just $10 more per month.

flashjh

Reaction score
Couldn't find an edit button, but I almost forgot, Boss tried for the plan and they gave it to him. (FL) He also was able to keep the 2000 minutes we had on our old plan. Just to keep that in mind.

If you're on this plan out adding out, they'll give 2000 minutes to anyone who asks. It's just $10 more per month.

Edit wouldn't work. I meant if 'you're on this plan or adding it'

Beka27

Reaction score
Some companies offer verizon discounts. I have a 15% discount thru my crappy part time job...

(from Beka's DX)

Status
Not open for further replies.