New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v941726

v941726 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By all means! I've read some posts here where people only had 2 of 4 lines getting the discounts. Just may have to call more than once

2. maqsur

maqsur New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you all in the forum for discussing this wonderful promotion. I called today to inquire about it. I told them that I received a flyer on a discussion board (nameless) regarding the promotion. The first representative (who was nice) said he didn't see the promo on the plan, but transferred me to sales department. I then spoke with a friendly lady who also repeated they were unable to do the promotion because I didn't receive an email. I politely insisted on "doing what I can to take advantage" of the plan, because I was trying to save money, and needed Verizon's coverage. She put me on a brief hold and told me I received a secondary approval for the promotion, and she set me up!

She was very nice, and I expressed my sincere appreciation.

Basically, being friendly and honest went a long way, and I was successful in saving some money. BTW, this was on my first call to Verizon. They have my support!

3. CatFishDom

CatFishDom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just called the number and they were able to add the promotion.

4. Nick177th

Nick177th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    called, got set up, saved myself about 30 bucks a month off of my current plan. Thanks OP.

5. me4droid

me4droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. I wonder if they are now setting up anyone who calls. Guess I better call on Monday. I just got two Droids today! dancedroid

6. DroidCoug

DroidCoug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can you confirm you still get your employee discounts?

7. calidroid31

calidroid31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes u still get ur company discount on ur family plan only not on top of the discount they give u

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

8. bertowski

bertowski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With this promotion my bill was supposed to be 140+ tax and instead was 180+. My next bill was automatically adjusted to 100 to offset the extra charges from the first month. Now I'm expecting my usual 140+. I don't use anywhere near the amount of text or data required to justify the unlimited plan but the -20 to each data plan makes it worth it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. ypsichick

ypsichick Member

Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you all! Got the $20 discount! Called 611 pressed 4 for other options, asked for promotions, was on hold for a good 15 mins. CSR was very nice when asked for TLk, txt data disc, but she had to research, so was on hold another 10 min. She came back and tranfered me to another department who then gave me the disc. Total time, 46 mins My contract was not extended bcuz I had more than a year remaining on my contract, & I did not have to do anything to my 2nd line and she retro'd back to the begining of the month! Finally, even if it is small its something for all the years I've been with VZW (AirTouch) 20!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. IN AWE

IN AWE Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I also got the $20 promo.

First call went nowhere, got shut down.

Second call took 54 minutes and two different reps but I got the deal. Seems that you really need to stay on them if the don't offer it up. In the end I had to pull the "i've been with Verizon since Airtouch days" card and why do some get the deal and I can't? I was nothing but nice and respectful and I think that gets you along way with the reps.

I have two smartphone and two dumb phones and only had to put the promo on The two smartphones only. That means I just saved $40 a month.dancedroid

They also said that I just have to ask for the deal when I turn the dumb phones into smartphones in the future.

I'm in California. Good luck to all that try.

11. IN AWE

IN AWE Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I also got the $20 promo.

First call went nowhere, got shut down.

Second call took 54 minutes and two different reps but I got the deal. Seems that you really need to stay on them if the don't offer it up. In the end I had to pull the "i've been with Verizon since Airtouch days" card and why do some get the deal and I can't? I was nothing but nice and respectful and I think that gets you along way with the reps.

I have two smartphone and two dumb phones and only had to put the promo on The two smartphones only. That means I just saved $40 a month.dancedroid

They also said that I just have to ask for the deal when I turn the dumb phones into smartphones in the future.

I'm in California. Good luck to all that try.

12. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This promotion will make it easier to swallow when we have to eventually get our son his first cell phone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

877-873-3278

877-628-8922

877 628 8922
nationwide talk and text 700
nationwide talk fs 700
new unlimited plan from big red
smartphone secondary credit
talk & text plus data $20 disc
talk&text&data $9.99 disc-12mo