new to droid rooting

renton56

Reaction score
well i just updated my original moto droid to Android Version 2.2
and am now at build number Frg01b

i was just wondering if its possible to root the droid after the froyo update without loosing out too much on some things.

im not sure if its accurate since im pretty scrub at the droid rooting stuff but from the few few things i remebered seeing last night i read it may be hard to root 2.2

so to shorten it up i was just wondering if its possible to root my phone since its now 2.2 froyo and has never been rooted before.

PS if possible may i please have a link or a message in the right direction on how to root it if possible

thanks in advance and enjoy the new froyo

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well i just updated my original moto droid to Android Version 2.2
and am now at build number Frg01b

i was just wondering if its possible to root the droid after the froyo update without loosing out too much on some things.

im not sure if its accurate since im pretty scrub at the droid rooting stuff but from the few few things i remebered seeing last night i read it may be hard to root 2.2

so to shorten it up i was just wondering if its possible to root my phone since its now 2.2 froyo and has never been rooted before.

PS if possible may i please have a link or a message in the right direction on how to root it if possible

thanks in advance and enjoy the new froyo

Check out Easy Rooter in the Market. It will supposedly root 2.2 which is what your are running now. It will cost you a buck but make your life easier.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Easy Root....Best dollar I've spent so far. Just got done rooting and making nandroid backup...total time: ten minutes.

~ Droid ~

OP
R

renton56

Reaction score
you sure about that name? i typed in Easy rooter in the market app thats built into the phone and found nothing of it

TheMoosiah

Reaction score
All you should have to put in is...

Easy Root

Should be the first result

OP
R

renton56

Reaction score
easy root compatibility? shows free on mine

~_~ sorry guys if i sound annoying i just dont want to have a bricked phone when i attempt to root it