New Droid 2 User

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Ok so i JUST ordered the Droid 2 for an upgrade from my HTC Eris. The Eris, well its not a good phone haha. I mean it was, but since they dont make it anymore its so slow and laggy. Even with rooting and putting Froyo v37 2.2 it still lags and acts slow. Well im just wondering how the droid 2 is. I have read all the reviews and it sounds good but i wanna hear from you guys. Pros and cons and possible tips to help make the Droid 2 run smoothly

THANKS!!! :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so i JUST ordered the Droid 2 for an upgrade from my HTC Eris. The Eris, well its not a good phone haha. I mean it was, but since they dont make it anymore its so slow and laggy. Even with rooting and putting Froyo v37 2.2 it still lags and acts slow. Well im just wondering how the droid 2 is. I have read all the reviews and it sounds good but i wanna hear from you guys. Pros and cons and possible tips to help make the Droid 2 run smoothly

THANKS!!! :)

:welcome: to the forum. When you had the issues with the Eris did you ever do a factory data reset?. Usually if a phone has a lag it's due to an app.

So don't load any task killers or antivirus in your D2. If you want to root it, you can but as I tell everyone there is a problem with the bootstraps and clockwork. You may boot into recovery whenever you turn your D2 on. That drove me nuts, I went back to stock.

So long as you don't load any resource hogging apps the D2 will make your Eris look like a relic. It has a 1ghz processor, much faster then the Eris. If you root and overclock you can get even faster speeds.

Since you probably aren't aware of it I should tell you that the D2 is also discontinued. Sort of. They've moved on to the D2G, a world phone with a slightly faster processor.

Glad to have you here, if you have any other questions just ask.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Jump in, get involved, and join in the fun!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
being discontinued is fine as long as the OS still receives updates. the D2 is already using OS 2.2 and is still gonna get an update to 2.3. The Eris is stuck on 2.1 and get not ONE update so it slows the phone down which is why i put Froyo 2.2 on it but with the Eris its still not its full potential. Id keep the D2 stock im sure since the phone is already 5 times better than the Eris