1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Good bye eris!!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by Irie_Feeling, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling New Member

Well i have had my Eris for a total of one year and only had to warranty it out once due to the trackball issues. I Rooted and with with Froyo v37 and i loved my phone even tho it was always a tad laggy, i wish there were new updates and that it wasn't Discontinued. Well i am done with Eris and my new Droid 2 is on the way as i type this. See you all on the other side ;)
  2. randy10786

randy10786 New Member

Congratulations on your new D2G. My experience with the Eris was much like yours. I only had it replaced once for a trackball issue, and it was a good phone but always just a tad too laggy for my tastes. I finally just had to jump ship 2 weeks ago and buy an original Droid for a price I couldn't refuse on Craigslist. Have fun!
  3. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

Awesome, congrats on the upgrade. In August I will be upgrading as well. Though I have had nothing but a great experience with my Eris, no hardware issues I am still on my original handset, I am too big of a geek wanting the latest and greatest thing, and version of Android. I am rooted, and running a 2.1 ROM with HTC Sense. I will probably go to the Bionic or Thunderbolt come August.
  4. Aceunderfire

Aceunderfire New Member

Congrats on the upgrade. I too had an Eris running Froyo v39. I replaced the factory trackball with a blue blackberry trackball. I am with you all it was a Tad to laggy even after overclocking. I upgraded to the Droid X an am running Rubix 1.9.7 and loving every minute.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  5. sjpritch25

sjpritch25 New Member

I just recently rooted and installed a rom on my droid eris. The trackball situation has disappeared and i haven't had any really bad lagging issues like before.
  6. Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling New Member

yea changing the rom definitely helps the Eris reach a higher potential. But compared to all other phones you notice the lag
  7. sjpritch25

sjpritch25 New Member

yep. I can't play angry birds...... :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:
  8. BGKris

BGKris New Member

I'm waiting for the thunderbolt to come out and it's bye bye Eris.
  9. eriscrazy

eriscrazy New Member

I had my Eris for over a year and never had any problems out of it. After a years worth of abuse I was still on my original handset. But alas I am also a nerd and wanted the newest thing out so about a month ago I went out and bought the Droid x. I know I know that the thunderbolt is coming out very soon, but I really like the Droid x it is a sexy little devise. Now my x is rooted and rommed like crazy. So I said goodbye to my Eris but over all it was a wonderful handset.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!
  10. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

I have been a long time lurker - but this post made me finally sign up.

I have had a Moto RAZR2 for over a year, since I was unemployed for most for that time. I have had a job, full time, for a while now, and thinking of getting back into the smartphone game.

But...

I dont have any upgrades on VZW right now between my wife's and my own account. I also live in Sun Valley Idaho, which is WELL outside craigslist range. So I have been looking around the web for an old Eris to pick up but noone seems to have any even in a closet they want to part with. Where did they all go? ha.

At any rate, I saw this thread today and thought since Eris people are collected in one place, I would drop in and see if anyone had an Eris they wouldn't mind parting with.

I have an ipod touch for gaming/netflix/entertainment. The Eris would be just for Google Voice texting and calls.

Thanks guys.

PZ
  11. eriscrazy

eriscrazy New Member

Dang brother I just sold my old eris about a month ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  12. RCFlyn

RCFlyn New Member

I shot you a PM, mine's less than 2 months old... Not SURE if I wanna get rid of it yet, but money talks....

Look on E-Bay also... they're all over... I know a LOT of people talk bad about E-bay, but, KNOCK ON WOOD, I've never had any problems there... And that's where I got the "X"...
  13. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Rats! Thanks for the thought though.

PZ
  14. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Thank you my friend. I haven't seen a PM yet but even the notion that you have one is farther than I have gotten anywhere else.

PZ
  15. RCFlyn

RCFlyn New Member

Another PM Sent. I think I discovered what I did wrong Last Night on the first PM...
  16. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Thanks guys. I have replied to both PM's.

PZ
  17. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

I have been trying eBay but with no luck. I guess I'm confused about a device this old getting bid up to $100 still!
  18. spindizzy

spindizzy New Member

I am upgrading and would like to sell my Eris. Allways in a case with screen protector. Two car chargers and two home charges. With the original box.... interested?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

2013 is a droid eris still good