Droid 2 Review

This Green Machine

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ThisGreenMachine.com
For those interested, I just finished up my review of the Droid 2. Overall I thought it was well done. The hardware is almost identical with a much improved keyboard (soft and physical). I'm not a big fan of skins so the Motoblur was a hassle, but compared to Sense it's not so loud. If you're hoping for a snappier experience, you might come away disappointed. I don't know how they managed to put in a 1 GHz processor and make it still feel slow. The HTC Incredible feels much faster.

droidphreak

Reaction score
Nice review. It is ashame they made a sideways upgrade on the Droid 2. It could of been awesome. A 4" screen and a more defined keyboard as well as a front mounted camera would of made this phone amazing. The Droid X appeals to a more media hungry group. The Droid 2 could of been the social networking dream phone. But at this point its the Droid X thats the phone to have (imho). Maybe the Pro will be the OG Droid upgrade that we wish the Droid 2 should of been.

OP
This Green Machine

This Green Machine

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ThisGreenMachine.com
Agreed. It feels like they just diluted the brand by going sideways instead of really pushing the limits. Part of the reason why BlackBerry is losing its shine is because of constant iterations. Meanwhile you have HTC puting out bombers like the EVO and Epic. Looking awfully attractive over there.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Nice review. It is ashame they made a sideways upgrade on the Droid 2. It could of been awesome. A 4" screen and a more defined keyboard as well as a front mounted camera would of made this phone amazing. The Droid X appeals to a more media hungry group. The Droid 2 could of been the social networking dream phone. But at this point its the Droid X thats the phone to have (imho). Maybe the Pro will be the OG Droid upgrade that we wish the Droid 2 should of been.

Sounds like the Droid Pro. I wanted to like the phone but after playing with the X at the verizon store and seeing how awful the skin is I don't want anything to do with either the X or the D2. Oh well, maybe the Pro will live up to the hype. Otherwise it is hello HTC for me.