New Razr Maxx owner, hello all.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Gunny Rob, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Gunny Rob

Gunny Rob New Member

Have had the Maxx for 2 weeks now, upgrading from D1 after 2 yrs. Wife and I took advantage of the BOGO, plus -$50 credit, and free overnight shipping :D. So far phones have been great with no problems. Phones are in Otterbox Defenders. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does the phone have the car home page? Haven't found it unless I have overlooked it.

2. What is a good windshield mount to use with the otterbox defender? Previous D1's we had the Seidio Innotravelers.

3. Any way to delete all those verizon apps I do not want or am I just stuck with them?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    1 person likes this.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I do not have much insight on the first 2 questions - except that I know there is a "car home" app in the market, maybe you need to install it?

For the last one - the only way to remove the bloat is to root your device and freeze it so that it is not there...
  3. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

welcome. What she said.
  4. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 New Member

I had an otterbox for my Droid X and also my current Charge and my new otterbox case for my Maxx will be here tomorrow. This is the car mount I use and it works great with the otterbox.

Amazon.com: Arkon Mini Friction Dashboard Mount with Travel Windshield Mount and Mega Grip Holder for iPhone, HTC EVO 4G, HD2, Incredible, DROID X, Galaxy S: Cell Phones & Accessories

S
    orry I see your asking about a window mount and this is only a dash friction but maybe they also have one for the window. :)
  5. maxxcanoe

maxxcanoe New Member

car mount for maxx + otterbox

I have a "slip grip" mount - happy with it so far :

Please Select Your SlipGrip Holder

That is a "goose neck" style, no cabling.

I, too, am trying to figure out where they hid the "car home" app - the market shows it as installed, but heck if I can get to it on the phone...
  6. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    you can hide the bloatware without rooting. It doesn't remove it but you don't see it and with the battery the little bit they may pull won't make much difference.

Welcome to the Maxx :)
  7. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

welcome to the forums looks like questions were answered .. if you decide to root make sure you read up on it
  8. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Welcome aboard!!!! :)
  9. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Member

Welcome. You will LOVE this phone!! :icon_ lala:
  10. bocabean

bocabean Member

Hello, I also just got my Droid Maxx today. I have the same question. How does one go about hiding all of the extras without rooting.

Thanks.
  11. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz New Member

I believe it will only open when you connect it to a dock.
  12. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz New Member

Open the app drawer, press menu and then hide app.
  13. maxxcanoe

maxxcanoe New Member

The proprietary dock will put it in car mode, but so will "Car Mode Control" by IG88 Apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwxLDUwMSwibmV0LmN3ZmsuaWc4OC5jYXJtb2RlIl0.

Car Dock Home by the same folks is pretty cool, too. It is a customizable replacement for the default car mode.

Using Tasker to control various settings when I put the phone in car mode has been really cool...
  14. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forums! :)
  15. coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704 New Member

Welcome and enjoy that phone, but please re-frame from starting any ICS threads.
    Just kidding.
  16. rseidler

rseidler New Member

You can Disable unwanted APPS without ROOTING your phone

With the new OS for Android you can go into settings, choose APPS, slide over to ALL and choose the ones you don't want to run. You have to first select the APP, then uninstall any updates, then it will give you the option to Disable. Awesome feature of the updated Operating System.

I have a droid MAXX HD and I am looking for a window mount that will work with my otterbox commuter. My regular Motorola RAZR windshield mount had an insert you take out and it would allow the phone to fit into it with the commuter series case on it. Not so with my MAXX HD. The MAXX OEM window mount however, does fit several phones because there are inserts that you can place in the holder. My MAXX HD wouldn't fit, I tried at the store. So I am on the lookout as well. Let me know if you find something. I like the Motorola ones because it enables the car mode as soon as you mount it.
  17. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    I am sure this might be helpful to someone, but you might want to check the date of the post... gummy posted almost a year ago.
  18. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

I purchased the Car Home Ultra app. Love it. With the original stock application, I didn't like its customization. Haven't tried the newer version of it (the stock app). I also used the DROID RAZR MAXX Rapid vehicle charger/vehicle mount. Eventually, the audio cord was shorting out. It still charges. I then bought this Belkin Bluetooth to Aux device (it's circular). The sound quality isn't as good as it was wired (before the cable shorted out) but it's workable. One thing I found is to decrease the Bluetooth volume on the phone and increase the volume on your radio for better performance.

On a side note, I have Bluetooth turned off unless my phone is docked to my vehicle dock, thus saving battery. It takes a few seconds, but I want to say after about 10 seconds, the Belkin Device I use for Bluetooth connectivity connects to my phone. I use Smart Actions to do this, but I may switch over to Tasker, which I hear is a better version of Smart Actions. With Smart Actions, I can open apps, but apparently not close them. That doesn't make sense. I don't know what Tasker can do differently.

Don't bother. You can root and freeze apps (from what I've heard) but if you can upgrade to the unofficial JellyBean, it's much better on your battery. Just create folders for your apps. Kinda like my Windows computer, I rarely use my Start button, as I've created a Quick Launch toolbar for my most used apps.
Search tags for this page
best window mount for droid maxx
best window mount for droid razr maxx using otterbox defende
car mount for droid maxx
car mount for razr maxx hd otterbox
is motorola going to make a windshield mount for droid maxx
limited edition droid razr maxx otterbox
motorola phone stuck in vehicle mode
otterbox defender holder razr maxx
otterbox motorola droid razr auto holder
razr maxx car home app
razr maxx hd vehicle mode#gsc.tab