New Razr Maxx owner, hello all.

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
Have had the Maxx for 2 weeks now, upgrading from D1 after 2 yrs. Wife and I took advantage of the BOGO, plus -$50 credit, and free overnight shipping :D. So far phones have been great with no problems. Phones are in Otterbox Defenders. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does the phone have the car home page? Haven't found it unless I have overlooked it.

2. What is a good windshield mount to use with the otterbox defender? Previous D1's we had the Seidio Innotravelers.

3. Any way to delete all those verizon apps I do not want or am I just stuck with them?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I do not have much insight on the first 2 questions - except that I know there is a "car home" app in the market, maybe you need to install it?

For the last one - the only way to remove the bloat is to root your device and freeze it so that it is not there...

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
2. What is a good windshield mount to use with the otterbox defender? Previous D1's we had the Seidio Innotravelers.

I had an otterbox for my Droid X and also my current Charge and my new otterbox case for my Maxx will be here tomorrow. This is the car mount I use and it works great with the otterbox.

Amazon.com: Arkon Mini Friction Dashboard Mount with Travel Windshield Mount and Mega Grip Holder for iPhone, HTC EVO 4G, HD2, Incredible, DROID X, Galaxy S: Cell Phones & Accessories

S
orry I see your asking about a window mount and this is only a dash friction but maybe they also have one for the window. :)

maxxcanoe

Reaction score
car mount for maxx + otterbox

I have a "slip grip" mount - happy with it so far :

Please Select Your SlipGrip Holder

That is a "goose neck" style, no cabling.

I, too, am trying to figure out where they hid the "car home" app - the market shows it as installed, but heck if I can get to it on the phone...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums looks like questions were answered .. if you decide to root make sure you read up on it

bocabean

Reaction score
you can hide the bloatware without rooting. It doesn't remove it but you don't see it and with the battery the little bit they may pull won't make much difference.

Welcome to the Maxx :)

Hello, I also just got my Droid Maxx today. I have the same question. How does one go about hiding all of the extras without rooting.

Thanks.

maxxcanoe

Reaction score

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy that phone, but please re-frame from starting any ICS threads.
Just kidding.