New Razr Maxx owner

stemo

Reaction score
Hello all. I will be a new razr maxx owner by the end of the week. I am coming from the HTC Rezound.

Are there anything's I should look out for when starting life with my razr maxx? Any must have apps for the razr maxx? Any tips to get the best out of my maxx?

Thanks.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
First thing is to resist the temptation to use it right away. To get the "maxx" out of your battery it is best that you plug it in and charge it fully before using it for the first time. They are shipped with partially charged batteries and you will get battery life if you charge it up fully before you use it the first time.

David

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll be sure to charge it before doing anything with it.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Also a good idea to condition the battery. Once it is charged use it until it until you have 10-15% left. Turn it off and fully charge it, turn it on then unplug it. Do this the first few charge cycles. Enjoy the maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I got my razr maxx today. I charged it tp 100% and have started using it.

I just have a question about smart actions... What is a good setup for the smart actions?

Also does the phone need time to hey used to me before the battery life really kicks in?

RezQund

Reaction score
Just my opinion. Rezound is better than the maxx. Camera on Rezound is superior compared to the Maxx. I do agree Rezound standard battery not great... But extended battery solved my problem and this is the best all around phone i had so far! I owned iphone 3G, 3GS, 4S, HTC EVO, EVO 3D, Epic Touch, HTC THUNDERBOLT, bionic, Maxx and Rezound. REZOUND is the best I used and planning on it for another year!

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Well my rezound started off good then even with the extended battery it would overheat and day within hours. All my replacement rezounds started having issues and they decided to give me the maxx. So I won't complain.

RezQund

Reaction score
Well my rezound started off good then even with the extended battery it would overheat and day within hours. All my replacement rezounds started having issues and they decided to give me the maxx. So I won't complain.

How you like Maxx so far? besides battery comparing to Rezound?

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Loving it. Been on for 10hrs and only at 70%, still trying to train the battery tho.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I got my razr maxx today. I charged it tp 100% and have started using it.

I just have a question about smart actions... What is a good setup for the smart actions?

Also does the phone need time to hey used to me before the battery life really kicks in?

Stemo.. It all depends what you want it to do. If you hit the + in the corner samples will show up.. You adjust all of them. Such as turnoff 4G and turn on Wifi when you get home.. You can set up battery saver.. Play around with it.. I have battery saver on.. I still have unlimited data so rarely need Wifi.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Loving it. Been on for 10hrs and only at 70%, still trying to train the battery tho.

Wait until Jellybean rolls out. There was an accidental leak and people were able to update to it. You can too or you can wait until the official one rolls out which they say some time 1st Qtr. I am getting over 30± hrs and some have had consistently over 50..JB is also fast and smooth..compared to ICS. If you think your phones performance is great wait till JB hits it. Enjoy your phone! :)

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
In all honesty the RAZR maxx feels better in my hand, it is much more snappier than my rezound. I'm going to quadrant both I'm a few minutes.

The camera isn't on par with the rezound but i don't take many pics.

I'm loving motoblur also

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Wait until Jellybean rolls out. There was an accidental leak and people were able to update to it. You can too or you can wait until the official one rolls out which they say some time 1st Qtr. I am getting over 30± hrs and some have had consistently over 50..JB is also fast and smooth..compared to ICS. If you think your phones performance is great wait till JB hits it. Enjoy your phone! :)

Question : Will I be able to jump from Gingerbread to
Jelly bean or must I install ICS first?

=^ .". ^=

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
You'll generally have to be on the latest official release of the current os the get the next ota, in the bionics case a lot of us already had the ota version, some (including me) were actually on a leak on version number LATER than the ota and had to downgrade after we were able to verify that the 246 was the ota to get back on path. Looks like so far the jb update will look for sys build 211. You'll have to either be on unaltered stock 211 or sbf/fastboot to 211 (unless another ics version otas before the jb)