Quite possibly THE BEST protection case for the MAXX

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going otterless tomorrow, may God protect meh maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
All of my devices, (DROIDX, x2, bionic and both maxx's) are in defenders.. the pic was taken with one of the maxx's :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dingbat

Reaction score
Can the Commuter be used with the HD Dock and Car Dock? Thanks.

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score
All of my devices, (DROIDX, x2, bionic and both maxx's) are in defenders.. the pic was taken with one of the maxx's :)

Those little Droiders protecting the phones are cute. Where did you get them from?

ReverendOD

Reaction score
I also ordered a commuter series. I had a impact on my blackberry but it was hard in and out of the pocket. The other plus is there is a seller on ebay that makes a windshield mount for the MAXX with the commuter case.

My case should be here in a few days..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Those little Droiders protecting the phones are cute. Where did you get them from?

I got them off of amazon. I got the Google licensed ones. There's all sorts of em. I also got a paint your own, and i have a few others picked out for future purchase :)

They range from 5-35$ :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

I believe so.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
New pic..

sTl2yk3l2

Reaction score
I got a dualtek case for my razr maxx. I have trident, otterbox cases for my x. I got sick of the big bulky cases. So I tried this dualtek one and it is awesome!! By far my favorite case I have ever had on a phone. It has great protection, but remains a low profile. It comes with a screen protector, and the case is a 1 piece hybrid that fits perfecT. They have it in white, or grey and black. I got mine off Amazon for 22 bucks.

-=[.stryker.originals.]=-

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score
I'm with JSM9872. I use a protector under my defender as well.

I tried the zagg underneath of it once, not a good combination though, the zagg sticks the the defenders screen protector and makes it look like there's water in between the two. But yrmv

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: I currently run a Verizon screen protector under it. Dust can get under the protector as can sand, and the sand can mess up the screen

I installed the Zagg in place of the Defender's screen protector. I've had it for about two weeks. I removed the sticky goo that held the original screen protector prior to installing the Zagg. I think and hope that will help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I believe so.

I can't speak for the HD dock, but I have the OEM car dock. You can't use the Commuter with the car dock. In fact, no case can be used. If you want to use the Motorola OEM car dock for the MAXX, it has to be naked. Even with the slimmest case out there, it won't fit.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't use either, but I had read that you could use the commuter with the HD, so i truly don't know.

jeff70

Reaction score
I can't speak for the HD dock, but I have the OEM car dock. You can't use the Commuter with the car dock. In fact, no case can be used. If you want to use the Motorola OEM car dock for the MAXX, it has to be naked. Even with the slimmest case out there, it won't fit.

I can speak for the OEM HD dock that no case I have found will work with it without doing some modding that I am not interested in doing, the space tolerances are so tight that only a naked Razr Maxx will work so that is why I switch every once in awhile to a Cruzerlite case so at night when I use the HD dock it gives me an easy case to remove rather than having to wrestle with removing a Commuter case every night

I might just break down and get a Seidio surface with its easy snap on/off the phone, that case may be the answer I am looking for as the best compromise between protection and ease to get off the phone when I plan to use a dock

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I can speak for the OEM HD dock that no case I have found will work with it without doing some modding that I am not interested in doing, the space tolerances are so tight that only a naked Razr Maxx will work so that is why I switch every once in awhile to a Cruzerlite case so at night when I use the HD dock it gives me an easy case to remove rather than having to wrestle with removing a Commuter case every night

I might just break down and get a Seidio surface with its easy snap on/off the phone, that case may be the answer I am looking for as the best compromise between protection and ease to get off the phone when I plan to use a dock

I didn't think it would, but it's definitely good to know for sure. I use the Diztronic case, so it doesn't take more than a couple seconds to pop it on and off. But still, I shouldn't have to do that, especially with a case that thin. Unlike the accessories for the RAZR (which came with removable inserts to accommodate reasonably-sized cases), it seems like all of the OEM accessories for the MAXX were designed for use without a case. Definitely not the best foresight on Motorola's part.