Quite possibly THE BEST protection case for the MAXX

parkschr

Reaction score
I have the commuter case and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make the sides of it more grippy. And no I do not want to get the defender. I was just hoping someone out in the world had an idea or solution to the slick sides of this case.

Thanks

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the commuter case and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make the sides of it more grippy. And no I do not want to get the defender. I was just hoping someone out in the world had an idea or solution to the slick sides of this case.

Thanks

You could get some Plasti Dip spray paint and paint the hard plastic with it. It will add a rubberized coating so the sides and back will not be so slippery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ReverendOD

Reaction score
Got my commuter case today. Great fit and finish. A bit slick but slides in the pocket well. Did not apply the screen protector yet but plan on it.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have not tried it yet but intend to. I am going to try on the inside first. I am going to take a cloth and brush it with some acetone to see how the hard plastic shell reacts to it. I expect it will make it less slippery. If it is subtle and just "eases" the texture - I will do the Left/Right long edges of the shell.
That's my plan.

parkschr

Reaction score
You could get some Plasti Dip spray paint and paint the hard plastic with it. It will add a rubberized coating so the sides and back will not be so slippery.

Quicksilver7714, I am attempting the plasti dip spray tonight for my commuter case. I will let everyone know how it goes and feels tomorrow.

GSdub510

Reaction score
parkschr said:
Quicksilver7714, I am attempting the plasti dip spray tonight for my commuter case. I will let everyone know how it goes and feels tomorrow.

Good looking out. I love this case but it is lightweight slippery...

parkschr

Reaction score
Applied the plasti dip. Put on two coats. Made the phone much grippier. However, it makes it difficult to get in and out of the pocket. Now after four days the plasti dip is coming off. Now I am not very handy and maybe I did not put it on correctly. I plan to try it again. Maybe I did not put it on thick enough like directions said needed to be done.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Thanks for the update

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

mooch91

Reaction score
I've never had luck getting plastic dip to bond well enough to a surface such that it wont peel when handled regularly.

sTl2yk3l2

Reaction score
Get the Trident aegis case. Just as thin as the commuter. But with a bunch of colors and the right amount of grip. My brother has the commuter for his Max and it is way to slippery. Peace out hoes.

-=(.stryker.originals.)=-