New Razr Maxx owner, hello all.

rseidler

Reaction score
You can Disable unwanted APPS without ROOTING your phone

Have had the Maxx for 2 weeks now, upgrading from D1 after 2 yrs. Wife and I took advantage of the BOGO, plus -$50 credit, and free overnight shipping :D. So far phones have been great with no problems. Phones are in Otterbox Defenders. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does the phone have the car home page? Haven't found it unless I have overlooked it.

2. What is a good windshield mount to use with the otterbox defender? Previous D1's we had the Seidio Innotravelers.

3. Any way to delete all those verizon apps I do not want or am I just stuck with them?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

With the new OS for Android you can go into settings, choose APPS, slide over to ALL and choose the ones you don't want to run. You have to first select the APP, then uninstall any updates, then it will give you the option to Disable. Awesome feature of the updated Operating System.

I have a droid MAXX HD and I am looking for a window mount that will work with my otterbox commuter. My regular Motorola RAZR windshield mount had an insert you take out and it would allow the phone to fit into it with the commuter series case on it. Not so with my MAXX HD. The MAXX OEM window mount however, does fit several phones because there are inserts that you can place in the holder. My MAXX HD wouldn't fit, I tried at the store. So I am on the lookout as well. Let me know if you find something. I like the Motorola ones because it enables the car mode as soon as you mount it.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
With the new OS for Android you can go into settings, choose APPS, slide over to ALL and choose the ones you don't want to run. You have to first select the APP, then uninstall any updates, then it will give you the option to Disable. Awesome feature of the updated Operating System.

I have a droid MAXX HD and I am looking for a window mount that will work with my otterbox commuter. My regular Motorola RAZR windshield mount had an insert you take out and it would allow the phone to fit into it with the commuter series case on it. Not so with my MAXX HD. The MAXX OEM window mount however, does fit several phones because there are inserts that you can place in the holder. My MAXX HD wouldn't fit, I tried at the store. So I am on the lookout as well. Let me know if you find something. I like the Motorola ones because it enables the car mode as soon as you mount it.

I am sure this might be helpful to someone, but you might want to check the date of the post... gummy posted almost a year ago.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Have had the Maxx for 2 weeks now, upgrading from D1 after 2 yrs. Wife and I took advantage of the BOGO, plus -$50 credit, and free overnight shipping :D. So far phones have been great with no problems. Phones are in Otterbox Defenders. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does the phone have the car home page? Haven't found it unless I have overlooked it.

2. What is a good windshield mount to use with the otterbox defender? Previous D1's we had the Seidio Innotravelers.
I purchased the Car Home Ultra app. Love it. With the original stock application, I didn't like its customization. Haven't tried the newer version of it (the stock app). I also used the DROID RAZR MAXX Rapid vehicle charger/vehicle mount. Eventually, the audio cord was shorting out. It still charges. I then bought this Belkin Bluetooth to Aux device (it's circular). The sound quality isn't as good as it was wired (before the cable shorted out) but it's workable. One thing I found is to decrease the Bluetooth volume on the phone and increase the volume on your radio for better performance.

On a side note, I have Bluetooth turned off unless my phone is docked to my vehicle dock, thus saving battery. It takes a few seconds, but I want to say after about 10 seconds, the Belkin Device I use for Bluetooth connectivity connects to my phone. I use Smart Actions to do this, but I may switch over to Tasker, which I hear is a better version of Smart Actions. With Smart Actions, I can open apps, but apparently not close them. That doesn't make sense. I don't know what Tasker can do differently.

3. Any way to delete all those verizon apps I do not want or am I just stuck with them?
Don't bother. You can root and freeze apps (from what I've heard) but if you can upgrade to the unofficial JellyBean, it's much better on your battery. Just create folders for your apps. Kinda like my Windows computer, I rarely use my Start button, as I've created a Quick Launch toolbar for my most used apps.