Droid Razr Maxx holster

PG1976

Reaction score
I am trying to find a plain plastic belt holster for the Droid Razr Maxx and am not having much luck. I do not want an Otterbox, or any other type of clip with an enclosed case. I'm looking for a plastic clip-on style holster like I had with my Droid X. Has anyone seen anything like this out there yet for the Razr Maxx?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
We've been searching for one for the Razr and haven't found it yet, so I doubt there's one for the Maxx either. maybe someone knows of one though. It's exactly what I want too. Especially since the Maxx won't fit in any dock with a case on!

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I got the shell/holster from Verizon and like it a lot. Item # MOT912MHOC ($21.00)

It is a slip on shell that covers the back and sides of the phone and does not add bulk like my Otterbox did and it slips into a plastic belt holster and stays put.

David

wernst

Reaction score
Seidio sells holsters for the DroidX inside one of three different cases. The cases add enough bulk to the DroidX to make it about the same size as a Razr Maxx without a case, so on a hunch, I have ordered up the three different encased Droid X Holsters Seidio offers. They should arrive next week.

I'll report my findings ASAP, so stay tuned. I don't expect any of them to be a perfect fit, but I hope one fits "good enough."

Finally Seidio is keeping track of requests for products, so be sure to get over to Seidio's website and make your request for a naked Maxx spring clip holster.

-Warr

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I got the shell/holster from Verizon and like it a lot. Item # MOT912MHOC ($21.00)

It is a slip on shell that covers the back and sides of the phone and does not add bulk like my Otterbox did and it slips into a plastic belt holster and stays put.

David

Yup, but you have to take it out of the shell to put it in your dock.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Seidio sells holsters for the DroidX inside one of three different cases. The cases add enough bulk to the DroidX to make it about the same size as a Razr Maxx without a case, so on a hunch, I have ordered up the three different encased Droid X Holsters Seidio offers. They should arrive next week.

I'll report my findings ASAP, so stay tuned. I don't expect any of them to be a perfect fit, but I hope one fits "good enough."

Finally Seidio is keeping track of requests for products, so be sure to get over to Seidio's website and make your request for a naked Maxx spring clip holster.

-Warr

Email sent to Seidio. Anyone else send one? As many as possible would be nice. Here's a link to what the OP and I are looking for: Seidio Corporate

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Got an email back...

11:31 PM (4 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

This e-mail is to confirm that we've received your inquiry. Your ticket number is [Ticket#9378108. A member of our staff will review your questions within 1-2 business days.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Got a response back from them today. Need more to start emailing them...

12:46 PM (3 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We have not finalized plans to make spring-clip holsters for a non-cased Droid Razr Maxx. Your request has been forwarded to product development. If you would like to stay informed on future product releases for this device, we suggest periodically checking our online store, or you may sign up for email notifications by sending an email here: [email protected].

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

titusk

Reaction score
Because the Razr is the same size as the Razr Maxx, except for the thickness, I purchased a holster for a regular Razr then held the bottom portion in boiling water for about 30 seconds to soften it up slightly and then inserted my Razr Maxx in it and put it in the freezer to cool off for a few munites. The plastic 'cups' on the end stretched slightly and reformed around my Maxx very nicely. It worked great. It's not a perfect fit, but it really does work well. It has not fallen out yet.