New Motorola Android Phone Coming to the US

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Mikeharoldl

Mikeharoldl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I guess I gata consider that it's diffrent with every phone, I used to have an Omnia and the touch screen qwerty keyboard drove me insaine, it almost made me throw the phone out the window on the highway

2. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^ I've found that Swype is actually a formidable foe to the physical keyboard... makes this device something I could actually use. I'd take 8GB of internal storage over a physical keyboard any day.

3. BSmith

BSmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'm glad I only got the 1 year contract with my Droid. Even if this thing doesn't come to Verizon it's only a sign of things to come.

4. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Id say that, but the same thing will happen a year from now. Theyll have amazing phones and the same thing would be said for next year.

5. SteveC

SteveC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice, but I'm fine with my Droid. What that phone needs to really grab my attention is to be about an inch longer and about half an inch wider so the screen can get bigger. That is the single thing that would help me. I'd also like to see a high sensitivity GPS receiver and a bigger battery in the extra space too. I happen to be fine with the size increase. With a better GPS, it might have a chance to replace my Garmin GPS and my Camera at least to a degree.

6. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that I use Swype I cannot see myself ever using the physical keyboard again. I can Swype so much faster than typing its ridiculous!

7. spruce_rd

spruce_rd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree 100%.
    Since swype download, no more physical keyboard.

8. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the iPhone taught us anything, its that you shouldn't pick a network for the phone. Pick the network based on service and in the end you'll be a happier camper (see all those iPhone owners who hate AT&T for comment).

9. ZX-10R

ZX-10R Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just what ive been waiting for... Now if it will come to Verizon........

10. acidbrn

acidbrn Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is certainly a nice phone. Don't feel bad about some new phone being better than what you have. There is ALWAYS going to be a better phone release a few months after you buy the best current phone.

You just have to learn to live with it, suck it up, and hold out until your contract is up so you can get another discount.

Besides, I don't think this is coming to Verizon.

To those who say the physical keyboard isn't important, there are still situations where I find the physical keyboard exceptionally useful. Mostly for games, or applications that use the whole screen (and messaging apps).

For example, try playing "Project I.N.F." which is an online MMO shooter free on the market. Using the on-screen keyboard forces you to use all your screen to type a message. Someone could have killed you by the time you finish and view the game screen again. The Directional pad works wonders for those 2D side scrolling shooters. I can't imagine trying to use some on screen buttons for that.

How about that "Mystic" 3D game? I don't think it even has any on-screen controls at all for moving/walking.

Another use is for comfort. I can pull the physical keyboard out and use it to hold my phone while watching a youtube video. This also helps prevent me from touching those sensitive home, search, menu and back buttons by accident (That lip on the bottom of the phone when in portrait view helps give you something to grab without touching these buttons also).

In-fact, the only real issue with the keyboard is the fact that it is not centered evenly from both sides (right side is off-placed by that directional pad). Other than that, it works pretty decent, and with moderate hands-on time you do get use to it. If you resort to using the on-screen keyboard most of the time you will never get use to the physical one, though.

So don't push the keyboard off as useless. Even though its not perfect, there are times when it is an ideal input option that I can choose to use or not, when I want.

What I would like to see is the Glyde's compact keyboard (which worked fine with my skinny fingers) along with 2 flat+round thumb/joy-sticks (Something like the PSP's 1 joystick). One located on each side of the keyboard, to keep the keyboard centered and feel natural.

But anyway, I'm probably always going to stick to whatever phone is the best out that also includes a physical keyboard.

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Test response. Please ignore.

Search tags for this page

new motorola android phone