New Motorola Android Phone Coming to the US

skim7x

Reaction score
Get real guys... there are so many fanboys on this forum. Motorola is rolling out over a dozen new phones running android that will kick the current Droid's butt. Everything from twice the processing power, twice the RAM, over 30 times more internal memory, and revised (or better yet, complete elimination) of the retarded qwerty keyboard that the Droid comes with -- I say "retarded" because it's off to one side, making it difficult to type, and the keys are too flat with too little distinction between the letters... and the on-screen keyboard is pretty darn awesome.

And by the way, this is coming from a fellow Motorola Droid owner... so believe me, I'm as unhappy as the rest of you, but just admit it... well, in another 2 years, I'm sure there will be even BETTER phones that we can all upgrade to...

That all being said, the Droid is still a great phone, and I'll be happy with it for the next 2 years :)

cuskit

Reaction score
With well over a million sold, I'd say most will have to be happy with the Droid! Can't imagine a million phones being traded/sold within months to upgrade! Imagine that. And then, two more months later... And again two more months further down the road. Face it - your phone was obsolete before you got home with it! ;) Nah! Just messin wif ya! ;) cuskit

vtrider159

Reaction score
Thank you Skim7x for your post, these android phones have a very short life in the end, and it seems keyboards on phones will be a thing of the past really soon as the tech world turns to touch with laptops, tablets and phones.

I'll be happy with the droid for two years, right now it's more efficient than a netbook and goes far and beyond what I need in a cell phone as far as online services, email and web browsing.

Anything the droid cannot do, my main laptop can and as a new owner for two weeks now, the droid is more than capapable in performing mobile tasks.

There will be a time soon where you will have a high end camera, HD capabilities and hdmi's in a phone, but when you break it down, it's a computer in your hand with phone capabilities.

NVash

Reaction score
With well over a million sold, I'd say most will have to be happy with the Droid! Can't imagine a million phones being traded/sold within months to upgrade! Imagine that. And then, two more months later... And again two more months further down the road. Face it - your phone was obsolete before you got home with it! ;) Nah! Just messin wif ya! ;) cuskit
Actually, it kinda was. Thats what irks me about the whole thing. I just dont get two year or even one year contracts for phones. They should sign the contract to stay with the company, not stick with the phone. I remember when I wanted to get a different phone from my Dare, they told me I had six months left with it and if I wanted a new phone theyd give it to me but add an extra $20 to the bill for an early termination fee. What the heck is that mess? Im not leaving the company, I just want a new phone. They get you going and coming.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, it kinda was. Thats what irks me about the whole thing. I just dont get two year or even one year contracts for phones. They should sign the contract to stay with the company, not stick with the phone. I remember when I wanted to get a different phone from my Dare, they told me I had six months left with it and if I wanted a new phone theyd give it to me but add an extra $20 to the bill for an early termination fee. What the heck is that mess? Im not leaving the company, I just want a new phone. They get you going and coming.
I would like to see some sort of graduated scale for phone purchases while staying with your carrier. Similar to how the ETF works but in reverse. Say you buy a Droid today, if you were to want another phone, after your 30 days is up, you'd have to pay full price. As each month passes the 'full price' would be discounted.... until the 'NE2' price has been reached. Even if they keep it a minimum of 20 months to get the NE2 price, it would be nice to see it discounted somewhat should you choose to upgrade before :)
Just a thought... won't ever happen though.