Verizon's HTC Incredible Specs Released

Getaphixx

Reaction score
What do you expect to see in the next 3 months. Next week I can FINALLY upgrade, but do I? I have to decide, but if some more cool things are coming out in the next few months, I could probably wait. I would want to have an idea of what I was waiting for. :popcorn:

In three months there will other newer, better, faster, sexier phones almost ready to come out. And six months from now...etc.

If you're not wedded to a physical keyboard, you're unlikely to see a better android phone from Verizon for the next six to nine months.

The bottom line is that the Incredible is a more finished consumer device with the more powerful processor required to deliver that experience. If that appeals to you, go for it. If you'd rather have a device that appeals to geeks who like to play around with their phone's features, stick with the Droid.
The Incredible has the same features, it's a Droid phone, just faster and better, with a better screen, it uses AMOLED tech. which is brighter with more saturated colors ans better in sunlight, it does not wash out like TFT screens, which the Moto has.

I just love it when people talk out of their ass (Cybertec)... As per the screen being better.. Neither the N1 or Incredible beats the Droids screen.. (Engadget said its currently the best Android phone in America though)

And I quote from Engadget!

"Another somewhat major issue that we struggled with on the Incredible (just as we did on the Nexus One) was the awful screen visibility in bright daylight. We had numerous occasions where we simply could not answer a call or take a picture due to the AMOLED display's poor showing outdoors. In overcast settings(such as the one above) it was usually bearable, and If you crank the brightness all the way up on sunnier days you can get some visibility, though once you're outside and can't see the display, that's a bit of a challenge. In all honesty, we love certain aspects of these screens, but we're perplexed as to why HTC continues to use this same display when it's clear the daylight performance is hamstrung."

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

Here's to droidforums.net growing more with the release of another awesome Android phone!!!

Getaphixx

Reaction score
What do you expect to see in the next 3 months. Next week I can FINALLY upgrade, but do I? I have to decide, but if some more cool things are coming out in the next few months, I could probably wait. I would want to have an idea of what I was waiting for. :popcorn:

In three months there will other newer, better, faster, sexier phones almost ready to come out. And six months from now...etc.

If you're not wedded to a physical keyboard, you're unlikely to see a better android phone from Verizon for the next six to nine months.

The bottom line is that the Incredible is a more finished consumer device with the more powerful processor required to deliver that experience. If that appeals to you, go for it. If you'd rather have a device that appeals to geeks who like to play around with their phone's features, stick with the Droid.
The Incredible has the same features, it's a Droid phone, just faster and better, with a better screen, it uses AMOLED tech. which is brighter with more saturated colors ans better in sunlight, it does not wash out like TFT screens, which the Moto has.

I just love it when people talk out of their ass (Cybertec)... As per the screen being better.. Neither the N1 or Incredible beats the Droids screen.. (Engadget said Incredible is currently the best Android phone in America though)

"Another somewhat major issue that we struggled with on the Incredible (just as we did on the Nexus One) was the awful screen visibility in bright daylight. We had numerous occasions where we simply could not answer a call or take a picture due to the AMOLED display's poor showing outdoors. In overcast settings(such as the one above) it was usually bearable, and If you crank the brightness all the way up on sunnier days you can get some visibility, though once you're outside and can't see the display, that's a bit of a challenge. In all honesty, we love certain aspects of these screens, but we're perplexed as to why HTC continues to use this same display when it's clear the daylight performance is hamstrung."

Here's to droidforums.net growing more with the release of another awesome Android phone!!!

armeddroid

Reaction score
The rumor is that VZ will launch 4g by this fall. I will wait till then.
Do some research on 4G, it's not even close to seeing the light, and when it does hit the air waves you will be charged for it, and Sprints 4G is not even a true 4G network, just enhanced 3G, and not available everywhere, by the time 4G grows up and gets rid of the diapers, which is years from now, new phones with new tech will be out.

I know this. But 4g is available in major cities via Sprint. Even if you think it's an enhanced version of 3g its still a hardware upgrade in order for you to take advantage of it. And there was an article that Verizon did state that they are launching 4g this fall, earlier then the rumored 2011 launch. That means they will have cities that will have this network available via Verizon. Anyone who is familiar with 4g knows its in the early stages. And will not be established for quite some time. But that's not going to stop phone companies making a 4g phone who can take advantage of it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The rumor is that VZ will launch 4g by this fall. I will wait till then.
Do some research on 4G, it's not even close to seeing the light, and when it does hit the air waves you will be charged for it, and Sprints 4G is not even a true 4G network, just enhanced 3G, and not available everywhere, by the time 4G grows up and gets rid of the diapers, which is years from now, new phones with new tech will be out.

I know this. But 4g is available in major cities via Sprint. Even if you think it's an enhanced version of 3g its still a hardware upgrade in order for you to take advantage of it. And there was an article that Verizon did state that they are launching 4g this fall, earlier then the rumored 2011 launch. That means they will have cities that will have this network available via Verizon. Anyone who is familiar with 4g knows its in the early stages. And will not be established for quite some time. But that's not going to stop phone companies making a 4g phone who can take advantage of it.

Do a Google research on 4G, then come back and tell me what you found.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I just love it when people talk out of their ass (Cybertec)... As per the screen being better.. Neither the N1 or Incredible beats the Droids screen.. (Engadget said its currently the best Android phone in America though)

Go to YouTube and search TFT vs. AMOLED, also do a Google search. AMOLED is way better tech than TFT, it's a new tech which will make TFT an old horse in short time.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to YouTube and search TFT vs. AMOLED, also do a Google search. AMOLED is way better tech than TFT, it's a new tech which will make TFT an old horse in short time.

That may well be true. In fact it's almost undoubtedly true. That, however, doesn't change the fact that a number of reviewers have commented on problems with the AMOLED implementation NOW.

One of the main reasons I got the Droid was that my previous WinMo phone was literally unusable in sunlight. And I mean unusable. The Droid is certainly problematic in bright sunlight, especially when using the camera, but it is at least usable if I crank up the brightness setting.

The Incredible has a number of undeniable advantages compared to the Droid but if I can't use it outside, it negates those advantages.

armeddroid

Reaction score

Sprint:
"Sprint is the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology, which delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G(1). Sprint made history by launching 4G service in Baltimore in September 2008 and continues to lead the charge in rolling out 4G in cities across America. "

Verizon:
BARCELONA--Verizon Communications' chief technology officer dished out details Wednesday on the company's soon-to-be-built 4G wireless network that's set to go live in 2010.
Verizon will begin testing the service this year and launch it commercially in at least 25 to 30 markets in the U.S. in 2010, CTO Dick Lynch said during an interview with CNET News after his keynote speech Wednesday at the 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress here.

Sprint and Verison prepping to make 4g announcements. Mar 22 2010

Sprint, Verizon Prepping 4G Announcements -- 4G Wireless -- InformationWeek
an excerpt from this article:
"The two leading 4G service providers -- Sprint Nextel and Verizon Wireless -- are planning important announcements at this week's CTIA conference in Las Vegas, with each carrier hoping to upstage the other.
Through its majority interest in Clearwire, Sprint is expected to be the first major U.S. wireless carrier to have a 4G voice-capable handset for its emerging WiMax network, now offered in several U.S. cities. The company is expected to unveil its first WiMax HTC-manufactured handset, currently called the Supersonic"

Information on IPHONE 4.0 on Verizon

Verizon iPhone 4g Release Date:Verizon iphone specification and more infohttp://buzzynews.co.cc/2010-04-20/1294.htm

Verizon Begins 4G Groundwork In Race For Connected Devicehttp://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100415-714109.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

Thats just a few examples of the 4g that is coming and it is an enhanced 3g that will require 4g hardware to utilize it.

And your saying its not real? There is no such thing yet? Its officially out with Sprint 2008 in major cities.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm excited for the super amoled services to come out which supposedly fixes the while outside visibility issue.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sprint:
"Sprint is the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology, which delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G(1). Sprint made history by launching 4G service in Baltimore in September 2008 and continues to lead the charge in rolling out 4G in cities across America. "

Verizon:
BARCELONA--Verizon Communications' chief technology officer dished out details Wednesday on the company's soon-to-be-built 4G wireless network that's set to go live in 2010.
Verizon will begin testing the service this year and launch it commercially in at least 25 to 30 markets in the U.S. in 2010, CTO Dick Lynch said during an interview with CNET News after his keynote speech Wednesday at the 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress here.

"The two leading 4G service providers -- Sprint Nextel and Verizon Wireless -- are planning important announcements at this week's CTIA conference in Las Vegas, with each carrier hoping to upstage the other.
Through its majority interest in Clearwire, Sprint is expected to be the first major U.S. wireless carrier to have a 4G voice-capable handset for its emerging WiMax network, now offered in several U.S. cities. The company is expected to unveil its first WiMax HTC-manufactured handset, currently called the Supersonic"

Verizon iPhone 4g Release Date:Verizon iphone specification and more infohttp://buzzynews.co.cc/2010-04-20/1294.htm

Verizon Begins 4G Groundwork In Race For Connected Devicehttp://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100415-714109.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

Thats just a few examples of the 4g that is coming and it is an enhanced 3g that will require 4g hardware to utilize it.

And your saying its not real? There is no such thing yet? Its officially out with Sprint 2008 in major cities.
They can talk and hype it up all they want, to get fully functional 4G network up and running it will require billions of upgrade dollars, and let me guess who will be paying for it "the consumer", do some more real research, and not some news quotes from the carriers themselves, I guess ignorance is bliss.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
The incredible is incredibly UGLY when turned over. It is humply bumply. The back is Totally jacked up. Waiting for Droid 2 ....Nexus or IP4.

You will have a long wait for the Droid 2 (if they even make a Droid 2). The Nexus isn't as good as the Incredible. iPhone 4 you will have a LONG wait for also. The back isnt ugly in my opinion. Its just not all smooth and sleek like the Droid or iPhone. The contours of the Incredible might even provide some extra grip of the phone.
Haha lol I think their "excuse" for the back is kinda meh lol I'm not too much of a fan of it either but I do love how they made the inside red. the red detailing is awesome on the incredible; the back is "meh" lol. I thought that the design of a sports car was more about the aerodynamics rather than creating an exterior-interior dialog. Aren't sports car suppose to be fast?

armeddroid

Reaction score

Sprint:

Verizon:

They can talk and hype it up all they want, to get fully functional 4G network up and running it will require billions of upgrade dollars, and let me guess who will be paying for it "the consumer", do some more real research, and not some news quotes from the carriers themselves, I guess ignorance is bliss.

You know what?
Perhaps your the ignorant one here.
I said LAUNCH...not establish a full 4g connection. No one said that that 4g will be 100% ready by this year of the next or whatever.
It seems like your ADD has kicked in when you read that stuff. It says they STARTED to get 4G in. Got that?

Quit reading what YOU want to read to prove your case.
All i said, is that it was RUMORED.Thas not a fact.

And I dont have to do additional research. I am consumer waiting for it.
And if my carrier announces that they will have 4g handsets coming at the end of the year, that is all my concern.

So grow up and make sure your reading it right before you come out calling people ignorant, when only YOU can recognize who is or not.
Take that for what its worth and quit wasting peoples time about dumb ****.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint:

Verizon:

You know what?
Perhaps your the ignorant one here.
I said LAUNCH...not establish a full 4g connection. No one said that that 4g will be 100% ready by this year of the next or whatever.
It seems like your ADD has kicked in when you read that stuff. It says they STARTED to get 4G in. Got that?

Quit reading what YOU want to read to prove your case.
All i said, is that it was RUMORED.Thas not a fact.

And I dont have to do additional research. I am consumer waiting for it.
And if my carrier announces that they will have 4g handsets coming at the end of the year, that is all my concern.

So grow up and make sure your reading it right before you come out calling people ignorant, when only YOU can recognize who is or not.
Take that for what its worth and quit wasting peoples time about dumb ****.
you are the one who started this 4G nonsense, seriously, who cares.