New MIUI Posted on Site "MIUI ROM 0.10.15"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickYourKing

Reaction score
I'm relaxed, and loving v3.999 and cannot wait for 4.0. This ROM just gets better and better.

Love that the updated Contacts and MMS are lag-free now, and look way neater IMO.

OP
K

killjoylm1

Reaction score
Definitely agree on the sms and contact. They don't look quite as nice, but they are a lot smoother!

PickYourKing

Reaction score
Getting off topic here guys. This kinda stuff is what pm's are for.

Sent from somewhere...

JS, you're so right..I cannot stand to read stuff like that and quite frankly I personally feel that It should not be tolerated and members who deliberately continue to be "Rude" to others members, should be banned. Just because someone claims to be a certain way, that does not warrant them to act the same way with the rest of the world. This community is great, educational, and addictive. Any sort of negativity, sarcasm, has no place here. We all need to take a step back and enjoy what these developers do and if someone gets rude, as you said, PM them and talk your trash there. Other members don't need to read the "BS" as it takes away from all the fun and education that most members are here for. Bless you all:)

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just said, and looking back I obviously should have just PM'd him about my issue. That was my bad.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Is there anyway to make the Rom ignore slider function?

Just going to ask so that we're clear on this, English is your first language, yes?

Now, I'll try and explain it again. This ROM and it's Launcher were designed (by the original MIUI Developers from China) for the N1/Desire. And as such, the Launcher was not coded to recognize a physical keyboard. Ergo, the phone unlocking when the Droid physical keyboard is slid out is an unfortunate side effect that, as of yet, has not been "fixed". And unless Zen and/or MO reverse engineer (keep in mind, reverse engineering is not the same as porting) the Launcher to work specifically for phones with physical slide out keyboards, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Again, it has little to do with the ROM and is mainly a Launcher issue, but since the Launcher is designed to work only with the MIUI framework (hence why it will not work with another ROM), then your only alternative is to use a different ROM if it bothers you so much/ is so important to you.

Now, you could also try using a 3rd party app to change the lockscreen (Widgetlocker), but I'm unsure if that would actually work or not. I have a feeling that the issue would still pop-up as I think Widgetlocker depends on the normal lockscreen to work properly. But again, I don't really know this, it's just a hunch.

PickYourKing

Reaction score
Definitely agree on the sms and contact. They don't look quite as nice, but they are a lot smoother!

I was a big fan of ChompSMS and the bubble style threaded texts, so this new MMS is awesome for me, now I don't need a 3rd party txt app running all day and draining battery dancedroid

OP
K

killjoylm1

Reaction score

I was a big fan of ChompSMS and the bubble style threaded texts, so this new MMS is awesome for me, now I don't need a 3rd party txt app running all day and draining battery dancedroid

Just to clarify I like everything about the new sms and contact, but I felt the previous version fit the theme of the ROM closer. The earthy wood colors fit the the folders and the drop down notification bar better then the green and blue from the new apps. I wouldn't take the old ones back over the new and I'm sure they will continue to improve. Definitely happy to have a solid built in sms and contact app.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there anyway to make the Rom ignore slider function?

Just going to ask so that we're clear on this, English is your first language, yes?

Now, I'll try and explain it again. This ROM and it's Launcher were designed (by the original MIUI Developers from China) for the N1/Desire. And as such, the Launcher was not coded to recognize a physical keyboard. Ergo, the phone unlocking when the Droid physical keyboard is slid out is an unfortunate side effect that, as of yet, has not been "fixed". And unless Zen and/or MO reverse engineer (keep in mind, reverse engineering is not the same as porting) the Launcher to work specifically for phones with physical slide out keyboards, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Again, it has little to do with the ROM and is mainly a Launcher issue, but since the Launcher is designed to work only with the MIUI framework (hence why it will not work with another ROM), then your only alternative is to use a different ROM if it bothers you so much/ is so important to you.

Now, you could also try using a 3rd party app to change the lockscreen (Widgetlocker), but I'm unsure if that would actually work or not. I have a feeling that the issue would still pop-up as I think Widgetlocker depends on the normal lockscreen to work properly. But again, I don't really know this, it's just a hunch.

There's people like you on every forum. English is my first language its just the keyboard/touchscreen is marginal at best on the Droid.

The rest of you post was helpful... you just seem to be lagging in the social skills department

Z

ZeroBarrier

Again, personal opinions to yourselves boys. I certainly don't even care what any of you think about me, so why bother?

PickYourKing

Reaction score
It's not a personal opinion when you are openly putting down someone on a public forum. Grow up. That's the last thing i'll say.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Obviously you care enough to continue posting. You being a smart elec about what language I speak isn't personal please. Tame your id complex.

And take note I wasn't using the qwerty keyboard... it slides open enough on my pocket. My question was more or less a script to force phone to not unlock by slider.

OP
K

killjoylm1

Reaction score
Ok for everyone having problems with the phone pocket dialing because it slides open...I have found a simple solution. Enable the screen lock under security settings. If the keyboard is slid open then you will still need to input the pattern to get to your home screen. It is a little extra work, but a lot easier then dealing with 3rd party lock screens. Hopefully, that is a good enough fix to make everyone happy. dancedroid

PickYourKing

Reaction score
Ok for everyone having problems with the phone pocket dialing because it slides open...I have found a simple solution. Enable the screen lock under security settings. If the keyboard is slid open then you will still need to input the pattern to get to your home screen. It is a little extra work, but a lot easier then dealing with 3rd party lock screens. Hopefully, that is a good enough fix to make everyone happy. dancedroid

Great idea man! Thanks for sharing!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I could use that but its more like a bandaide. I don't like the pin or pattern lock

Z

ZeroBarrier

Obviously you care enough to continue posting. You being a smart elec about what language I speak isn't personal please. Tame your id complex.

And take note I wasn't using the qwerty keyboard... it slides open enough on my pocket. My question was more or less a script to force phone to not unlock by slider.

No, not personal. Did you not read the part where I specifically stated I wanted to be clear about that? But in any case, your grammar definitely needs improving, and maybe your reasoning skills.

I noticed that you weren't using the physical keyboard when you said it was in your pocket. I do know how to read English, no worries there.

Trust me, it won't make them happy. If I've learned anything is that people don't know how to compromise around here. They'll cry till they get tired and move on, or till they get what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.