New JB update finally here and disappointing...

eacounts

Reaction score
I just updated my phone from the Xmas version of the JB leak to the official one. I downloaded and paid for my backup pro $4.99 from the play store. I backed everything up on my SD card and to the online storage they offered. I am in the process of restoring now. It seemed to go pretty quickly the only issue make sure in your settings you enable install from other places other than the google play. After the restore downloaded. I got a message saying that my settings wouldn't allow the installs. So I had to OK every freaking application's install that was a bit of a pain. I am restoring my data now and I have about
3,000 contacts and restoring them has taken a little over an hour. But it's a small price to pay in order to have my home screens, apps, data etc restored on my phone.

I question that "a little while" statement...

I'm not rooted, so I can't do the complete backup that Titanium seems to do on rooted phones; so the last FDR I did caused me to lose a -bunch- of App data and it took me a VERY long time to get back to where I was before the reset.

Don't get me wrong, if you have a way to recover from the FDR that is quick, more power to ya, but I'd LOVE to know how you do it!

TioLoco

Reaction score
I got my update to JB today too. and I like it so far. what's your favorite new feature? I like Google Now (so far)

newbroot83

Reaction score
So I got the update at work and I updated. So far I'm pleased with the improvements they made on the messaging. With ICS you could only delete one text message at a time and that was really annoying but now you can select multiple ones which is a plus. I am a little irritated that before with the alarm there was also a timer option they took that away and it was extremely helpful to me especially at work I wish they would have left it. I like the new Google thing they added I actually have that all set up to where it will tell me how long it will take to get to and from work. I know that there was somebody on here that was asking why the keep adding apps to the phone. In all honesty I think its pointless I don't use half the apps that came with my razor anyway. Its fine if they put them on there but they should at least give us the option to uninstall them. I like the update so far. The notifications are good I like that when you get an email you can read the first part of the email after you pull the bar down. I also feel like they made keyboard smaller does anyone else feel the same way??

On ics you could delete multiple. You had to long hold one message then tap the others you desired to delete

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
On ics you could delete multiple. You had to long hold one message then tap the others you desired to delete

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
I'm talking about text messages from one person. Like with ICS you couldn't go through and select the texts you wanted to delete from them you had to do it one at a time. With jellybean you can now select multiple texts and delete them all at once.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
How do you do that?

-Go to Settings.

-Go to Manage Apps.

-Select an app that is uninstallable, Motocast would be an example.

-Uninstall button is replaced with Disable.

-The app will no longer appear in your apps menu nor will it run ever.

-Sometimes you have to remove the updates first if you have updated it.

-In that case Disable will be replaced with Uninstall Updates.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I did not do a reset and its been running smooth. A few weeks back I was ready to chug my phone it was so slow etc. I went through and deleted some apps and boom my fast phone was back. Also i can not use the toggle bar on my phone it slows everything down. My point is a lot of the times it's an app that is screwing up a phone you just have to figure out which one.

I love JB. My battery life seems better then ICS but I will get a true test when I go on a trip tomorrow. In my world Android got it right with JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums