New JB update finally here and disappointing...

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by LarryL300, Mar 12, 2013.

1. BKApple

BKApple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really? Is JB that different across phones?

I'd like the notifications menu, shade, whatever it's called to have these features: 50 Android Jelly Bean tips, tricks and hints | News | TechRadar

2. blackhawk1134

blackhawk1134 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This new update is awesome!!! Smooth as butter on my maxx... Now I'm prepared to be content with my phone until I can upgrade!!! :-D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ryan46and2

Ryan46and2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the update. Smoother, faster, and Google Now is great. No issues at all.

4. evan2001

evan2001 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't find it disappointing at all. As a matter of fact I just discovered a fix that is wonderful. You can now go to your favorite tab and clear to frequently called numbers that were bull****.

5. BKApple

BKApple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Deleting that list was so satisfying!

6. ekavan

ekavan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I received the JB update yesterday and so far I have no major issues. I have noticed that my MAXX is running extremely smooth and battery seems to be holding it own. The only thing I'm not liking is that after hanging up from a call it goes to the call log. This is new. I haven't had this problem since my original Droid 1. I've been looking for a setting but maby I'm missing something. If anyone has any ideas?

7. usmc111111

usmc111111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya you can't do that here that looks like my girls nexus 7 and if you can do that on thus version I don't know how or herd anyone that does

8. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Woo Hoo! Webtop works fine, I played a TV show from Netflix and one from Direct TV. Smooth as butter. WiFi connects and holds 4G connects and stays.
    I got no complaints, and thinking about keeping my old Maxx, although I still want a Note II perhaps the new Galaxy 4.

Oops, not so fast, it seems like pinch to zoom and double tap no longer formats a web page. I can go to the settings to get larger text but I liked the auto format.
    Perhaps a setting has changed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

9. Danny123

Danny123 Member

Ratings:
    +1

Webtop definitely works!

10. Raven1155

Raven1155 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I question that "a little while" statement...

I'm not rooted, so I can't do the complete backup that Titanium seems to do on rooted phones; so the last FDR I did caused me to lose a -bunch- of App data and it took me a VERY long time to get back to where I was before the reset.

Don't get me wrong, if you have a way to recover from the FDR that is quick, more power to ya, but I'd LOVE to know how you do it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I use mybackup and it doesn't require root. Saves some time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

12. Lkvcutie

Lkvcutie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I got the update at work and I updated. So far I'm pleased with the improvements they made on the messaging. With ICS you could only delete one text message at a time and that was really annoying but now you can select multiple ones which is a plus. I am a little irritated that before with the alarm there was also a timer option they took that away and it was extremely helpful to me especially at work I wish they would have left it. I like the new Google thing they added I actually have that all set up to where it will tell me how long it will take to get to and from work. I know that there was somebody on here that was asking why the keep adding apps to the phone. In all honesty I think its pointless I don't use half the apps that came with my razor anyway. Its fine if they put them on there but they should at least give us the option to uninstall them. I like the update so far. The notifications are good I like that when you get an email you can read the first part of the email after you pull the bar down. I also feel like they made keyboard smaller does anyone else feel the same way??

Search tags for this page
droid razr lost pictures
how to delete multiple text messages in jelly bean
how to delete multiple text messages on android jellybean

how to undo jelly bean update razr

jelly bean multiple select delete sms
jellybean slideshow transition

lost favorites contacts on android update

undo android update 4.1.2 bionic

undo jelly bean update

undo jellybean update