New JB update finally here and disappointing...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Webtop works fine, I played a TV show from Netflix and one from Direct TV. Smooth as butter. WiFi connects and holds 4G connects and stays.
I got no complaints, and thinking about keeping my old Maxx, although I still want a Note II perhaps the new Galaxy 4.

Oops, not so fast, it seems like pinch to zoom and double tap no longer formats a web page. I can go to the settings to get larger text but I liked the auto format.
Perhaps a setting has changed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Danny123

Reaction score
Wow, really?

For a Moto update it's been aces for me.
(I normally I flinch at a new update, but I install it any way.)

I did a FDR and had a clean install.

Haven't found anything ugly. The only unknown is webtop and I'll check that tomorrow.

Don't know about the battery but it is snapper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Webtop definitely works!

Raven1155

Reaction score
... It only takes a little while to FDR, and if they are right, I saved myself future trouble.
I question that "a little while" statement...

I'm not rooted, so I can't do the complete backup that Titanium seems to do on rooted phones; so the last FDR I did caused me to lose a -bunch- of App data and it took me a VERY long time to get back to where I was before the reset.

Don't get me wrong, if you have a way to recover from the FDR that is quick, more power to ya, but I'd LOVE to know how you do it!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I question that "a little while" statement...

I'm not rooted, so I can't do the complete backup that Titanium seems to do on rooted phones; so the last FDR I did caused me to lose a -bunch- of App data and it took me a VERY long time to get back to where I was before the reset.

Don't get me wrong, if you have a way to recover from the FDR that is quick, more power to ya, but I'd LOVE to know how you do it!

I use mybackup and it doesn't require root. Saves some time.

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
So I got the update at work and I updated. So far I'm pleased with the improvements they made on the messaging. With ICS you could only delete one text message at a time and that was really annoying but now you can select multiple ones which is a plus. I am a little irritated that before with the alarm there was also a timer option they took that away and it was extremely helpful to me especially at work I wish they would have left it. I like the new Google thing they added I actually have that all set up to where it will tell me how long it will take to get to and from work. I know that there was somebody on here that was asking why the keep adding apps to the phone. In all honesty I think its pointless I don't use half the apps that came with my razor anyway. Its fine if they put them on there but they should at least give us the option to uninstall them. I like the update so far. The notifications are good I like that when you get an email you can read the first part of the email after you pull the bar down. I also feel like they made keyboard smaller does anyone else feel the same way??

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
It did seem to speed up the phone maybe a little. It did piss me off that I lost most of my pics. May have to take off the case and pull the SD to see if I can root through them via PC..

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
It did seem to speed up the phone maybe a little. It did piss me off that I lost most of my pics. May have to take off the case and pull the SD to see if I can root through them via PC..

Slow down.... back when the Christmas JB leak came out, several people thought that they lost their pics too, but somehow found them I believe. Maybe search a lite more, or someone else may remember the threads...

ricks

Reaction score
So I got the update at work and I updated. So far I'm pleased with the improvements they made on the messaging. With ICS you could only delete one text message at a time and that was really annoying but now you can select multiple ones which is a plus. I am a little irritated that before with the alarm there was also a timer option they took that away and it was extremely helpful to me especially at work I wish they would have left it. I like the new Google thing they added I actually have that all set up to where it will tell me how long it will take to get to and from work. I know that there was somebody on here that was asking why the keep adding apps to the phone. In all honesty I think its pointless I don't use half the apps that came with my razor anyway. Its fine if they put them on there but they should at least give us the option to uninstall them. I like the update so far. The notifications are good I like that when you get an email you can read the first part of the email after you pull the bar down. I also feel like they made keyboard smaller does anyone else feel the same way??
You can always disable the apps that you don't want.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It's sure supposed to, but I use it too and it didn't help me much. I have no doubt that I didn't do SOMETHING right, but I have no idea what!

Did you backup data as well as apps?

GNRTRK

Reaction score
Is there anyway undo update? GPS doesn't work, text messaging is horrible. I get a notification, tap on message, tap on download, then I have to tap on notification again then tap on message to read or view. If I send a picture to my phone with Bluetooth it opens as a slideshow with no way to zoom or save image. Don't care for car dock setup, I used to be able to tap home key twice and it would go to normal home screen every time after that until I removed from cradle and reinserted it again. Loved my "X" starting to hate RAZR MAXX. This is my second MAXX first one had bad case of screenburn and i think this one is getting it too.

usmc111111

Reaction score
Is there anyway undo update? GPS doesn't work, text messaging is horrible. I get a notification, tap on message, tap on download, then I have to tap on notification again then tap on message to read or view. If I send a picture to my phone with Bluetooth it opens as a slideshow with no way to zoom or save image. Don't care for car dock setup, I used to be able to tap home key twice and it would go to normal home screen every time after that until I removed from cradle and reinserted it again. Loved my "X" starting to hate RAZR MAXX. This is my second MAXX first one had bad case of screenburn and i think this one is getting it too.

Slow down dude, do a FDR everything will be fine, while in car dock hit the back arrow that's on the screen not the 1 that's part of the phone, mine has never been better

Dawnrenae

Reaction score
So far I like it. Google Now is cool and the updated notifications are nice too. It seems faster and smoother thanks to project butter. I need to play around with it more of course but I like it better from the start then I did ICS. Battery is what I am watching. I had finally gotten my battery life back to where I wanted it with ICS and I hope JB does not make it worse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

What is project butter?