New JB update finally here and disappointing...

realged13

Reaction score
i agree. jelly bean blows, feels faster but nothing seems to work right like it did on ics. messages dont send for me or take forever when i have full service, wifi randomly turns off while looking on browser or facebook. cant say anything about battery life yet though.

I have noticed the same thing that Wi-Fi would randomly turn off, really frustrating. Also, I don't have my speed dials anymore and can't figure out how to add them back.

evan2001

Reaction score
Strange I'm not getting any of these problems.

Maybe re boot or factor reset?

ricks

Reaction score
Mine's working great so far. Had one problem with my set up tho. I have my phone set to turn the camera on when I swipe down on the home screen. It would not work. I had to reset the swipe action a few times for it to work. Everything else seems to work. I'm not sure about using Chrome.

OleManDan

Reaction score
Seems to me that most of the reported JB problems may be related to failure to FDR/RE-BOOT.
I know it's a pain, but it's a necessary evil. Save your photos and Contact information, and it's easy.
(Removing conflicting programing paves the way for successful operation)

ricks

Reaction score
I did not do the FDR. I have never done one with this phone. How important is it that this be done?

OleManDan

Reaction score
I did not do the FDR. I have never done one with this phone. How important is it that this be done?

The 'smart guys' tell me it keeps from having future problems and irons out minor kinks from the installation.

I see my phones as mini computers and believe they respond to some of the same ways.
Example in simple terms... One older program is designed to make a right at the next intersection,
but the newer programming says to go straight ahead. (The road is presumed to be finished)
Conflicting information can cause slowing or erratic performance.

I'm not smart enough to say they may be wrong. Got to take someone's word occasionally.
These guys may all be full of it, but It only takes a little while to FDR, and if they are right,
I saved myself future trouble.

BKApple

Reaction score
I'm liking it so far, especially playing around with Google Now. I'm now sure how functional it will be day to day, but I'm curious to see how the cards 'improve' through use.

I'm really looking to see that the battery life improves. My MAXX came with GB and in less than a month updated to ICS. The battery life took a dive after that.

Quick question, how can I add my toggles [wifi, gps, etc.] to the main pull-down menu?

Thanks!

usmc111111

Reaction score
I'm liking it so far, especially playing around with Google Now. I'm now sure how functional it will be day to day, but I'm curious to see how the cards 'improve' through use.

I'm really looking to see that the battery life improves. My MAXX came with GB and in less than a month updated to ICS. The battery life took a dive after that.

Quick question, how can I add my toggles [wifi, gps, etc.] to the main pull-down menu?

Thanks!

Can't put it there either put power widget on or use the M launcher to have swipe left quick settings

blackhawk1134

Reaction score
This new update is awesome!!! Smooth as butter on my maxx... Now I'm prepared to be content with my phone until I can upgrade!!! :-D

Ryan46and2

Reaction score
I like the update. Smoother, faster, and Google Now is great. No issues at all.

evan2001

Reaction score
I don't find it disappointing at all. As a matter of fact I just discovered a fix that is wonderful. You can now go to your favorite tab and clear to frequently called numbers that were bull****.

BKApple

Reaction score
I don't find it disappointing at all. As a matter of fact I just discovered a fix that is wonderful. You can now go to your favorite tab and clear to frequently called numbers that were bull****.

Deleting that list was so satisfying!

ekavan

Reaction score
I received the JB update yesterday and so far I have no major issues. I have noticed that my MAXX is running extremely smooth and battery seems to be holding it own. The only thing I'm not liking is that after hanging up from a call it goes to the call log. This is new. I haven't had this problem since my original Droid 1. I've been looking for a setting but maby I'm missing something. If anyone has any ideas?