Nexus 7, WiFi, NAKASI build, JWR66Y update.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I received the KitKat 4.4 update notice when I powered on, and accessed my network, but after tapping the 'update now' button, the actual update process never took place, and i am still on JB 4.3!
View attachment 68107
By tapping the update button, did I become the unwitting recipient of a bogus update, or was tapping said button an act of futility?
Nothing changed, TWRP began, and then restarted, but the update never occurred, and the device is still on JB 4.3.

I also can not acquire another update, the device states I am up to date....so what gives?
Any suggestions as to a course of action here?
Thank you for any assistance offered!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I got mine Friday evening, the update process was quirky at best. Blue down load line never moved, couldn't tell the status. Oh well??? Hopped in the shower got out and it was ready. The update date said the update for me was only available Friday. Mine is now at 4.4, no noticeable differences other than it changed my sounds. Honestly haven't played with it much since.

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
At least your update 'DID' something, and mine was a dead stick.
Aside from the update screen, I have nothing to work with, the update obviously did not function.

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Hi, Cant get the link to work. I assume there are to many requests right now. The page loads but the download does not start, until next release of ipad ipad air sans abonnement .

Which link are you referring to?
This is also not the iPad/phone site, if this is what you are looking for, then I suggest you do a search for Apple-related forums.

Jdanner46

Reaction score
I have had the same problem. I contacted Google and didn't seem to think their release was a problem, but they tried to help. Sadly nothing worked.

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I constantly alter the update information, so that I can 'stream' a new update to my tablet, but once TEAMWIN starts, the trouble begins, as the tablet accesses a file that has nothing to do with the actual update, it attempts to open a different file labeled: 'Ready to Flash' and it ultimately fails. I can't wipe this file either, so every attempt to update, leads me right back to the same file, each and every time, and of course, failing as well.
I stopped trying the update, until I can locate this single file that is causing my trouble, I will keep the update file and wait until the first issue is cleared up.
Right now, work removes my play time,so once I have time to tinker, I will try to dig into my files and see just what this troublesome file really contains, and if possible, remove any bothersome intents pointing to it.

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
This is what my problems arise from....
Since my WiFi only tablet has no radio, there's no reason to check the MD5, so this fails as expected.
I wish the updates would indicate the actual reason that causes the update to fail, at least it would be a starting point to repair issues.
DSCF0998.JPG