New JB update finally here and disappointing...

LarryL300

Reaction score
I finally got the JB update. Looking at it, the update did nothing noticable besides ruining a good thing. The font changed, the icons changes... that is ok. But why do we get more junk installed on the phone... Google Books and Movies is still here, now added Google Magazines. You still can't uninstall them, except maybe rooted. Also, chrome is now added, they added more history tracking for files you've opened. They also added folders to the gallery, but there is no option to merge them into one... not my cup of tea. Also, you have to confirm things all the time. If you want to power it off.. you hold the power button like before, then tap power off like before, then you have to confirm that you want to turn it off... WTF. The alarm is now a 2 step process... It reminds me of Windows Vista... Epic fail. Hey JB makers, why do you screw up so much stuff rather than fix them. These are just a few issues I found so far.

Does anyone else feel the same or not?

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So far I like it. Google Now is cool and the updated notifications are nice too. It seems faster and smoother thanks to project butter. I need to play around with it more of course but I like it better from the start then I did ICS. Battery is what I am watching. I had finally gotten my battery life back to where I wanted it with ICS and I hope JB does not make it worse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

JDH

Reaction score
4.1.2, no biggy, I don't notice that any of my icons except the camera has changed.I was really waiting for the voice comands and voice search as those never worked for me on ics. My voice is deep and a slight, maybe not toooo slight, southern accent.Not like I was speaking a foriegn language. seems better but I will see if it still annoyees the s---- out of me going down the road. Even my old BBbold was better.
My daughter on AT&T was pushed 4.1.1 last month, what's the dif?

I really am not a power user so the maxx was fine for me on ICS with the exception of the voice recognition apps.

JDH

Reaction score
post script to above:
I did notice that while in the car mode with the moto dash mount that the phone will not go to the regular home screen, push home and you stay on the car mode home screen. Me no likee this.

usmc111111

Reaction score
post script to above:
I did notice that while in the car mode with the moto dash mount that the phone will not go to the regular home screen, push home and you stay on the car mode home screen. Me no likee this.

Push the little back arrow on bottom left of nav modescreen

GeneralZod

Reaction score
It's the same with every new release...

I want it. I want it. I want it. When will Motorola and Verizon finally release it? I want it. Downloading. I hate it.

usmc111111

Reaction score
It's the same with every new release...

I want it. I want it. I want it. When will Motorola and Verizon finally release it? I want it. Downloading. I hate it.

Truth, people are never happy especially when they have to figure stuff out on their own

usmc111111

Reaction score
I finally got the JB update. Looking at it, the update did nothing noticable besides ruining a good thing. The font changed, the icons changes... that is ok. But why do we get more junk installed on the phone... Google Books and Movies is still here, now added Google Magazines. You still can't uninstall them, except maybe rooted. Also, chrome is now added, they added more history tracking for files you've opened. They also added folders to the gallery, but there is no option to merge them into one... not my cup of tea. Also, you have to confirm things all the time. If you want to power it off.. you hold the power button like before, then tap power off like before, then you have to confirm that you want to turn it off... WTF. The alarm is now a 2 step process... It reminds me of Windows Vista... Epic fail. Hey JB makers, why do you screw up so much stuff rather than fix them. These are just a few issues I found so far.

Put the RAZR m circles widget on then 1 click for alarm

ricks

Reaction score
You can still turn off the junk apps so they won't be seen or heard.

Honda93

Reaction score
i agree. jelly bean blows, feels faster but nothing seems to work right like it did on ics. messages dont send for me or take forever when i have full service, wifi randomly turns off while looking on browser or facebook. cant say anything about battery life yet though.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Wow, really?

For a Moto update it's been aces for me.
(I normally I flinch at a new update, but I install it any way.)

I did a FDR and had a clean install.

Haven't found anything ugly. The only unknown is webtop and I'll check that tomorrow.

Don't know about the battery but it is snapper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

LarryL300

Reaction score
I played with it a little more. The battery life so far seems to be better. Is anyone else having a hard time getting GPS to get your location faster? I was outside and it took it a while.

True you can't make everyone happy, but from what they were saying it is supposed to be more customizable. You can disable the apps but it's still using up precious memory, though it's not really that much yet. Maybe if it was less locked down so we wouldn't have to root it...