New here, love my droid, have a simple request

silvernoodle

Reaction score
I'm late to the dance as I see many of you have had your droids since last year. I have a simple question. Can someone please direct me to a link on a discussion about answering this phone?

Funny, the most difficult feature I have found is answering a call. to slide that sucker takes too much time.

I searched the forums but maybe I used the wrong keywords. Any help would be appreciated.

tx

Samurai26

Reaction score
I don't know how to change that, but I'm surte somebody has come up with an alternative phone app with a different answer mechanism

Last edited:
OP
silvernoodle

silvernoodle

Reaction score
thanks

There was a reply earlier that is now gone. guess they realized it wasn't such a silly question:>

Thanks Samurai26, I have noticed, after finding a few related threads, that this is a common complaint. This phone is amazing, but not as a phone! it would be nice to just push a simple button or on screen icon. It kind of takes 2 hands to answer this thing!

J

Johnly

If you hate the slider, disable it with an app from the market : )

OP
silvernoodle

silvernoodle

Reaction score
After checking those out I think I'm gonna live with it until they make a simple fix. You shouldn't have to modify other functions of your phone just to disable the slider. oh well.

Thanks again.

J

Johnly

You are quite welcome. Have you tried the built in pattern lock?

OP
silvernoodle

silvernoodle

Reaction score
Yes, I like that. Can you answer a call with it? That would be faster than messing with the slider IMO.

cbushnell

Reaction score
My Lock Phone Tools in the Market works well, it does not disable the slider for normal operation but when receiving a call you can set it up to either have a button to accept, a button to accept or reject or use the camera button to accept. It was one of my husbands biggest complaints and he is now quite happy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quite honestly you can't fix something that isn't broke. It's the way the phone is meant to work.

As mentioned there are apps for it, I tried one of them and I'm so use to the slider that I couldn't work the camera button, lol.

OP
silvernoodle

silvernoodle

Reaction score
Quite honestly you can't fix something that isn't broke. It's the way the phone is meant to work.

As mentioned there are apps for it, I tried one of them and I'm so use to the slider that I couldn't work the camera button, lol.

That's what I figured so I really didn't want to mess with an app for this.

BUT...ever since I got my Otterbox it's easier to answer. The screen protector seems to have enhanced how the slider works. Maybe my hands emit too much energy & power! haha. (I'm an artist you know:>)