Love my Droid but have a big problem!

rebinnyc

Reaction score
Love my Droid but......I have two email addresses (Time Warner/Roadrunner accounts) directed to my Droid. After I delete messages, they frequently appear back in my Inbox as if they were brand new. This happens all the time and is quite annoying. I have even tried going into my trash can for each of these accounts and deleting everything from there as well but some of the messages still come back days or weeks later as if they are brand new. Roadrunner says it's a Droid problem....

Would appreciate any help. The software on my Droid is the most current available from Verizon Wireless.

Thanks,
Bob

madroid1

Reaction score
go into your email account settings. you can remove them from the server as you pull them to your phone. or set a time limit on which to keep them on RR's server. (I leave them on the server for 10 so I can pull them to my home PC too.

once they are off the server they will not come back to your phone.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have seen the issue, but on my windows live account only, the droid will continue to get those emails even after I delete, only when DL'd like pop3 on my computer will they go.

My main domain accounts setup as IMAP do not exhibit this behavior, so I think it's limited to the automatic setup the Droid performs on mail accounts such as live.com. (My other accounts I use the manual setup)

You could try removing the account and retry creating it manually. Especially if you were doing pop3, I never, never, figure out why anyone would want pop3 on a mobile device, but that's just me :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love my Droid but......I have two email addresses (Time Warner/Roadrunner accounts) directed to my Droid. After I delete messages, they frequently appear back in my Inbox as if they were brand new. This happens all the time and is quite annoying. I have even tried going into my trash can for each of these accounts and deleting everything from there as well but some of the messages still come back days or weeks later as if they are brand new. Roadrunner says it's a Droid problem....

Would appreciate any help. The software on my Droid is the most current available from Verizon Wireless.

Thanks,
Bob

What??? Time Warner blames somebody else? Shocking!;)

Go to your gmail settings on line and check to make sure that in your forwarding and pop tab that you have "when messages are forwarded by pop" that you have it set to leave a copy in gmails box.

If that doesn't fix it go over this thread:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/17814;jsessionid=6AEE3000020AFAFB0788805DD576C084.node0

Good luck.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
For my yahoo account there is an option in the account settings, then incoming settings, then "Delete email from server". Cange it from "never" to "when I delete from inbox"

Problem solved...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice, you know I never went back on live.com's account after setup to check the incoming settings, reset remove from server from "never" to "when I delete from inbox" ...

Just never cared about it on that live.com acount to bother checking it, but I know for a fact it is because the live account was setup automatically not manually, hehehe.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What the others guys are saying is true - change your settings. But also change your email program. Get K-9 or MailDroid from the Market. They will not download duplicates even if you don't delete them from the server.

Good luck.

Baked Potato Soup

Reaction score
Just wanted to note that I use K9 and it brings up messages that I have deleted from my phone but left on the server all the time.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could someone explain to this novice the difference between pop3 and imap?

POP3 "pops" in and downloads all the new messages. IMAP tries to "mirror" your inbox every time it syncs. So if you delete it once it is gone.

Mikejl

Reaction score
The is a setting in the default droid email program that allows you to set your POP3 account to "delete email from server" afte download.

I don't understand what the issue is.

Mike

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The is a setting in the default droid email program that allows you to set your POP3 account to "delete email from server" afte download.

I don't understand what the issue is.

Seriously? :icon_eek: My phone is NOT my "master e-mail account" If I get say a shipping order from Amazon I may want to read about it on he phone but not delete it. Then if I am on my PC at home I certainly do not want to go grab my phone to re-read the e-mail to re-check the status.

OP
R

rebinnyc

Reaction score
DebianDog, you stated the problem perfectly. My "master email account" is my PC at home and I keep many emails there that I want to delete from my Droid.