New member here. Love my Droid!

Hello Moto

Reaction score
Hi. Just introducing myself. I've had my Droid for a couple of months now and love it.

I do have one quick question. I did a search and didn't see anything directly related to it, so I wonder if this is not a common problem. My Droid charges fine with the OEM charger that came with the phone, but I bought a spare wall charger on ebay and it doesn't work so well. The screen says that the phone is charging, but in the morning when I unplug it, it is obvious that it did not charge. The white LED charging indicator light also does not light up when using the ebay charger. I thought that I just got a bad charger, so I got another one (also from ebay) made by a different manufacturer and sold by a different seller. This one does illuminate the charging indicator light, but does not always charge the battery. This new charger also sometimes messes with the phone operation, making the screen jump around as if I am touching it, even when I am not. Is there something special about the OEM charger? Which chargers have people had success with?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah there are plenty of threads on this topic....

People have had some pretty bizarre things happen to their Droid because of using an aftermarket charger. I WOULD NOT recommend using any other chargers besides the ones from VZW or Motorola...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Yep, some aftermarket chargers work fine and some inject gremlins. You never know until you try them. I normally use the Motorola chargers marketed specifically for the droid or the Verizon chargers. But I also have a $1.28 charger from Monoprice that works fine. You never know.

Anyway, welcome.