Love my Droid but have a big problem!

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes and the stock e-mail client does not seem to interact with with IMAP 100% correctly. I have heard K9 is a good app to try I am gonna give it a shot.

Mikejl

Reaction score
The is a setting in the default droid email program that allows you to set your POP3 account to "delete email from server" afte download.

I don't understand what the issue is.

Seriously? :icon_eek: My phone is NOT my "master e-mail account" If I get say a shipping order from Amazon I may want to read about it on he phone but not delete it. Then if I am on my PC at home I certainly do not want to go grab my phone to re-read the e-mail to re-check the status.
Well now that I re-read the previous posts more thoroughly, I see I wasn't prepared properly to join the discussion. So I have to say NO not Seriously. It is an accurate paragraph, but a stupid last sentence in my post.

I would never use or recommend using a mobile device as a main email app. I live with the occasional duplicate emails and delete them only after I have them on my main computer and sorted.

Mike

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LOL I just figured you were one of those young whipper snappers that lived off his or her phone. :cool:

OP
R

rebinnyc

Reaction score
I am really confused. I receive emails from two personal email addresses on my Droid, my laptop, and my home desktop. This means every single email has to be dealt with 3 times. I tend to keep current with these emails during the day on my Droid. When I go home, I have to delete them from both other machines and save the ones I want on whichever machine is appropriate.

Regardless of which device I am on, it seems to me I should be able to have the message removed from the server whenever I delete it but left on all 3 devices if I simply read the email but don't want to delete it.

What am I missing?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not if you set all your accounts to IMAP and use the K9 client. Delete it once it is gone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk