New Facebook is out

armin369

Reaction score
Does that mean that if I upgrade to FRG22, the new FB UI will go back to the original one or not?? (I know I can always update it again, but I was just wondering =D )

armeddroid

Reaction score
I didn't get the new FB until I updated to 2.2.
So you will get it either way.

and I type this from my Droid.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have not upgraded to the official release that took place yesterday for 2.2 yet got the updated FB app. I am on a rooted 2.2 rom. Those still on 2.1 may have even gotten the updated FB as well.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have my fbook.apk in the system and don't plan to update to this newer version...it will jack up my whole theme : P

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have my fbook.apk in the system and don't plan to update to this newer version...it will jack up my whole theme : P

Haha, but what if the update is freakin' awesome?! (i didnt even look at changes yet ha...)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
New version is on 2.1 as well....And it 100% better than the older version.

OP
A

armin369

Reaction score
The newer version looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better in my opinion :) :icon_ banana:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

+1, at least until someone like 928Droid or the like theme the new version

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New version is on 2.1 as well....And it 100% better than the older version.

Umm yes. The new version seems to be pretty pumped up. About time Facebook really joined the Android crowd. I love the photos scroller, and the drag-able notifications a lot. Still don't like how when you click a notification it takes you to the web version, come on?!

tparker76, you should upgrade, eff your theme haha.

projectrang

Reaction score
The new facebook looks better and navigates better, but i'm still not impressed. The iphone version of facebook is sooo much better

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, but what if the update is freakin' awesome?! (i didnt even look at changes yet ha...)

Well the good thing about having Market.apk's in the system is when there is an update available you can install the update, mess with it, and if you don't like it you just go into settings/manage applications and there is an option to "uninstall updates" and then everything goes back to how it was before you "updated" in the first place

It does look completely different (I saw some screenies) but my theme is more important.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better, but I'd like to see a toggle for the pic section, that takes up real estate ...

Pnoy82

Reaction score
Hi! Is this fb update for the fb app that already came with the phone or is it an update for the fb app that one would download from the app market? Should it apply to the fb app that came with the phone, how do I go about getting it? My apologies if this is a newb question.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi! Is this fb update for the fb app that already came with the phone or is it an update for the fb app that one would download from the app market? Should it apply to the fb app that came with the phone, how do I go about getting it? My apologies if this is a newb question.

The one that came preinstalled is the same one in the market, FB for android.