Manage Facebook Pages ? how to.. Bloo

jett78

Reaction score
Please tell me there is a way to manage "pages" on Facebook. I want to be able to manage a business page on Facebook via my Droid, but I can't figure out how to do it on the stock FB app or Bloo.

A bit more info:
On FB, I created a "page" for a clothing business that we are just getting started. On a PC, I can log into my normal FB account, then go to Pages and then manage the company page, share and update information.

On my Droid, with either stock FB app or Bloo, the only way to get to the company page is to search for it, but then I can only post to it as a fan. I can't post anything from the owner side.

On my iPod Touch FB app, I can "add" pages to the FB homescreen and manage the business page as I can from a PC.

Anyone know how to do this? (Without using the browser). Is there a different app out there that will do it?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oooooo...Good question. At this point, I'd say you should try to use the fb app for one and bloo for the other, but if they're registered to the same email not sure how that'd work...

OP
jett78

jett78

Reaction score
Oooooo...Good question. At this point, I'd say you should try to use the fb app for one and bloo for the other, but if they're registered to the same email not sure how that'd work...

That's what I'm going to do for twitter, but on Facebook, they both go through my main account.

Not knocking androids, but the iPhone/iTouch FB app has more features, like managing "pages" and Chat. Not like the phone itself isn't capable, they just didn't put the features on the apps.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You gotta remember how much longer iPhone has been doing this. The "official" android app is fairly new, but DOES suck. I personally use bloo, but it doesn't provide the functionality you desire. Something about fb and "trusted partners." There are parts of their system that they won't give just anyone access to.

Side-note(take it or leave it), but if you're serious about the business, it'd probably be better in the long run to setup a separate email for it...just my opinion.

OP
jett78

jett78

Reaction score
You gotta remember how much longer iPhone has been doing this. The "official" android app is fairly new, but DOES suck. I personally use bloo, but it doesn't provide the functionality you desire. Something about fb and "trusted partners." There are parts of their system that they won't give just anyone access to.

Side-note(take it or leave it), but if you're serious about the business, it'd probably be better in the long run to setup a separate email for it...just my opinion.

iPhone has been out longer, yes, but Facebook has been around, they should be all over it.

FB doesn't allow me to create a "business only" account, it must be attached to a regular name account. I had already tried that months ago. So, I attached it to my own name, figuring it would be easier. Which it is, aside from the android apps, obviously.

However! Update:
I was able to link the twitter account to the FB account. So, for now, I can update FB via twitter app. I still want to be able to manage photos and much other things, but this should get me by until an update on either FB app ot Bloo.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I see now. Kinda lame on facebook's part, but glad you found a workaround! You could create a new "personal account for the business and attach that...just another thought.

OP
jett78

jett78

Reaction score
I see now. Kinda lame on facebook's part, but glad you found a workaround! You could create a new "personal account for the business and attach that...just another thought.

I am going to look into that. I do have another account from a few months ago when I first tried to get this going. When I realized I had to attach it to a name, I figured I'd keep it simple and just use my personal account. I guess if I have to start it over, I should do it now, while I only have friends and family as fans. The product hasn't been launched yet, still in printing. It's actually my father-in-laws company, I'm just handling the social networking part for him. I appreciate your feedback though.

If your curious or just want to help out "the little guy". It's GBAclothing.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll definitely check it out. I think you're better off keeping business separate especially if it takes off. Best of luck!