New Facebook is out

myDownfall

Reaction score
I don't like this either. :icon_eek:
I didn't notice this! That's..uhh...lame? And mine doesn't go to mobile or touch.facebook.com. It actually goes to the full site? Taking back the good I said about this update..

One little thing and you guys flip quicker that rosie does on the corner....
?

Far from flipping, the app has been lacking since it was first launched and I've accepted that. While I do approve of the improvements, it's still far from what I'd "like" it to be. And in regards to what you quoted, it came as a shock that it'd send you to the full site as opposed to the mobile(or touch) site.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere on here that the reason the application itself is lacking(in comparison to the iPhone's) is because Android requires code from FB that they they will not give them?

Nibbz

Reaction score
Advertising? I don't see any advertising. Are you thinking that the scrolling Wall pictures are ads?

yu are correct, I now see what that feature functions as. It showed me pictures of what looked like ads before so i didnt click them lol.

knilsilooc

Reaction score
I'm not seeing an update link in the Marketplace. In fact, it isn't on my downloads list at all. Droid CM6 RC2.

tyrannytierney

Reaction score
other apps?

Does anyone know of a better fb app? I'm very underwhelmed with the stock one even with the new update. I *HATE* that it doesn't give me up-to-the-minute notifications. Even the blackberry one did that at least...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
upto the minute notifications, while a battery drain, should be an option. Some people use the heck out of Facebook.

bronx finest... does it rotate if you open the hard keyboard? That would be kind of not good if it didn't

I ask cause I don't have a facebook account but my wife uses it alot and I am trying to decide to get it for her or not. She still hasn't gotten the OTA yet.

bronx finest

Reaction score
Actually it does rotate with the KB open, it's just the splash screen that stays upright.

So it's not that bad. Just a minor fix.

foxxy

Reaction score
I got the update and uninstalled it. Messed up the look of my rom. Mine didn't rotate even with sliding the keyboard out on some things like the notifications screen, it would just go back to the previous screen instead.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Actually it does rotate with the KB open, it's just the splash screen that stays upright.

Both the home screen and notifications stay in Portrait and do not rotate to landscape even with the keyboard slid out.

CelticTurtle

Reaction score
Like the look of the updated FB, but now it won't load the Friends list... tried uninstalling update and the old one won't load friends now, either!

bronx finest

Reaction score

Both the home screen and notifications stay in Portrait and do not rotate to landscape even with the keyboard slid out.
Yes, I knew I was missing something.

But the wall, and friends, and profiles are ok. If they all rotated, that would be swell.