New Evidence Suggests Sony Hack Was an Inside Job

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It looks like the FBI are sticking to their guns regarding their claims that North Korea is behind the Sony hack. The folks from Norse even met with FBI investigators, yet the FBI isn't backing down: FBI maintains that North Korea hacked Sony as detractors mount
"The FBI has concluded the Government of North Korea is responsible for the theft and destruction of data on the network of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Attribution to North Korea is based on intelligence from the FBI, the U.S. intelligence community, DHS [Department of Homeland Security], foreign partners and the private sector,"

That looks pretty definite to me. Strange...or maybe not.

rmkali

Reaction score
Norse has virtually no real info. Their claims are being laughed at in the security field, just as the government claims it was Korea were laughed at. If enough people guess sooner or later someone will get it right.

Laughed at because there its no solid evidence.

Early in the article they claim to tie someone to a specific server that was used in the beginning of the attack. There is NO way they have that kind of detail of the inner network and who had what access to what.

I have a pretty good handle on what is going on, over all, with these big hacks. My kid has been on all the major need channels nonstop since this one hit.
LOL!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's an inside job, someone, or some people better be sitting in a jail cell for a long long time.

lepa71

Reaction score
I was reading this and I had login and comment on it. I don't really know who did it and I don't think we will ever know nor I have anything to do with NK, but don't underestimate your opponents. Don't think that "poor" country(I don't think NK is) don't have smart people. The government does push them to learn and they do. They are perfectly capable of doing this. But again we don't know.

sony-sign-sad.jpg

If you are like most of us here at DroidForums HQ, you never believed the FBI's assertion that the huge Sony hack of 2014 was perpetrated by North Korea. Those familiar with the way Internet technology works have a hard time fathoming how a backward and poor country like North Korea, with only four networks in total governing their entire Internet, could have had the skills and technical capabilities for such a large scale and penetrative breach.

The most likely culprit/culprits was probably someone who had an inside working knowledge of Sony's networks and the physical location in Japan to be able to access them. As it turns out, "Occam's Razor" may prove valid once again in this instance. There is new evidence that the Sony hack was indeed an "inside job." The most likely suspect is a person (or group of people) who were laid off rom Sony in May of this year. Here's a quote with the details,

Of course, a more thorough investigation will need to proceed forward before any of this can be proven, but at least someone is following a trail of bread-crumbs that actually make sense. What is your perspective?

You can read the full report here: A New Script Clues In Sony Hack Point To Insiders The Security Ledger

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was reading this and I had login and comment on it. I don't really know who did it and I don't think we will ever know nor I have anything to do with NK, but don't underestimate your opponents. Don't think that "poor" country(I don't think NK is) don't have smart people. The government does push them to learn and they do. They are perfectly capable of doing this. But again we don't know.
North Korea and smart in same sentence? We must be living on different planets. If they were smart they wouldn't be photoshopping an amphibious assault fleet from a single hovercraft. Come on, even I could have done a better job. They are stuck in 1950s and you want them to hack Sony? They hardly have a network, and probably just so Kim Jun Un can stream some Netflix and hulu.

They only smart people there are the Chinese they hire to do their dirty work, which themselves hire Russians to teach them how to hack.

lepa71

Reaction score
Wow. You know nothing outside of US. Russia and China has the same relationship as US was with Cuba for many years, if you didn't know. Just keep underestimating and be as arrogant as you can be.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree. They have nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, and while they may have an antiquated and psychotic government, you can't judge a whole country by the actions of it's government. If that were the case, we'd be in big trouble. The truth is we don't know what their capable of.
Just sayin....

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
DPRK invests a lot of money in cyber warfare. Read up on how the Kim family's money flow works. They have money, but the distribution of wealth under the system(s) are skewed. It is rather sad. We wouldn't be so worried about DPRK if they didn't have anything to threaten us with.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow. You know nothing outside of US. Russia and China has the same relationship as US was with Cuba for many years, if you didn't know. Just keep underestimating and be as arrogant as you can be.
Lol, really? I'm not even going to answer that.

I admit I went a bit soft on nk but there are bigger threats out there unless you I've in sk.