New Droid 2 Owner

JadziaD

Reaction score
Been playing around with my Droid 2 (prepaid!) :) this afternoon and I love it. I want to do all the geeky stuff with it....hacking it and everything but just like when I was thinking of jailbreaking my ipod I'm afraid of turning it into a brick. But once I jailbroke the ipod I realized it was incredibly easy and there wasn't really anything to worry about because chances are I could restore the back up. I just have to research and get up the nerve to really get into my Droid's OS.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

if you want to root, check out links 1-3 in my signature (2 first) to help you get more familiar with it

and any questions, feel free to ask

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you decide to root your Droid and join those of us on the "dark side" know that should you have questions or encounter problems we'll be here to assist.

Mike

OP
JadziaD

JadziaD

Reaction score

if you want to root, check out links 1-3 in my signature (2 first) to help you get more familiar with it

Thank you. I will check it out and see what the deal is with rooting (1/2 the reason I decided to get the Droid.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thank you. I will check it out and see what the deal is with rooting (1/2 the reason I decided to get the Droid.

You have a droid 2, make sure the instructions you read are for your phone. You can't replace entire roms, but can root the os, gain wifi tether, do some theming, remove some bloatware. Like with your other phone, the first thing I'd do is figure out how to get back to stock in case something goes wrong. With that info in hand, away you go.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys….this is a Droid 2 this person has. Are those guides for the Droid 2 as well?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You have a droid 2, make sure the instructions you read are for your phone. You can't replace entire roms, but can root the os, gain wifi tether, do some theming, remove some bloatware. Like with your other phone, the first thing I'd do is figure out how to get back to stock in case something goes wrong. With that info in hand, away you go.

See you beat me this time.

OP
JadziaD

JadziaD

Reaction score
Welcome! If you decide to root your Droid and join those of us on the "dark side" know that should you have questions or encounter problems we'll be here to assist.

Mike

Oh, yeah. I bought it fully with the intention to join the "dark side". Muaahhahahaha. I was ready to slap the salesman. I wanted my Droid in my hands immediately and he dilly dallied around about an hour charging the bluetooth earpiece (who cares!!! I can do that. Just give me the <bleep> Droid!). He proceeded to "explain" things to me. I finally said "I really have to get to work so they don't fire my tail." (We run our own business but he didn't need to know that. :) He finally gave me my phone and I took off. dancedroid