New Droid owner

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
I am a new Droid owner. Thought I did my research, but have experienced a couple of "difficulties"

1. Finding an APP that will put cover art on songs I have.

2. Customizing my notifications
Downloaded an app that has some notifications but cannot use them for some reason

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a new Droid owner. Thought I did my research, but have experienced a couple of "difficulties"

Downloaded an app that has some notifications but cannot use them for some reason

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I don't know what to tell you about #1 but #2 I recommend ringdroid from the Market. Excellent app.

huskur

Reaction score

open your program or app (either case) and then touch the four little lines on the bottom--that is the menu--you should be able to customize them from there.

Welcome aboard!!!

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
open your program or app (either case) and then touch the four little lines on the bottom--that is the menu--you should be able to customize them from there.

Welcome aboard!!!

Thank you for the welcome

Tried that no response except a slight vibration from the phone

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I don't know what to tell you about #1 but #2 I recommend ringdroid from the Market. Excellent app.

Thank you

Tried that Ringdroid did not reconize them, neither did Tonepicker (which is what the developer recomended)

huskur

Reaction score

Welcome aboard!!!

If you text get "handcent" from the market. It's free and is simply great. Install it and then it will be in your app tray. After that longpress on the mainscreen (desktop) and add the widget to your homescreen. After you have done that open it up and then try the 4 lines again. (just one example)

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force

Welcome aboard!!!

If you text get "handcent" from the market. It's free and is simply great. Install it and then it will be in your app tray. After that longpress on the mainscreen (desktop) and add the widget to your homescreen. After you have done that open it up and then try the 4 lines again. (just one example)

I apologize for being soo vague. I really appreciate the timely replies:icon_ banana:

Here is the skinny

I dowloaded the Star Trek App (Big TNG fan) There is a "ringtone" "incoming message" I would like to use for incoming messages.

After dowloading the app and placing the widget on my home page I tried to make it my notification ringtone. I tried pressing the menu key and all I get is the confirmation vibration. I pressed the about app button and it suggested to use tone picker or ringdroid. Neither of these apps reconize any of the tones of this app. Therefore my dilema
:icon_eek:

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Figured it out.
1. The tone was marked differently
Once I found that out it was easy
Thank you all for your input

bdawson21

Reaction score
as far as the cover art thing, have you looked at mixzing? seems to do well for me.

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
as far as the cover art thing, have you looked at mixzing? seems to do well for me.

Mixzing was not of any helpin this situation

I have decided that it is not that important to have album art for all of my songs.