New Apps from 2.1

kmasum

Reaction score
i downloaded the gallery app and its working fine, just wondering is there any way i can do my picasa sync to droid? my phone is not rooted ..thanks in advance

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there a 2.1 apk for non-rooted users that can make your launcher look like this (with workable phone/browser buttons) or is this something that is available strictly through root?

3465d1266912822-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops-orange2.jpg

Without rooting try the launcher in the original post of this thread and for the clock/weather tool try Beautiful Widgets in the market. I don't see the orange clock but there are other color ones. And you could make your own colored numbers too. Best bet might be to ask the person who posted the screenshot you are referring to.

Jer

Reaction score
Is there a 2.1 apk for non-rooted users that can make your launcher look like this (with workable phone/browser buttons) or is this something that is available strictly through root?

3465d1266912822-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops-orange2.jpg

I must have missed it but how do I get my phone to look like this? Looks like it might be the 2.1 launcher (new tray on the bottom) and a news/weather/clock widget up top that has the time and date?? I'm rooted but due to reported stability issues I have the 2.0.1 launcher w/the rest of the 2.1 apps so can I get this look or no?

edthesped

Reaction score
i downloaded the gallery app and its working fine, just wondering is there any way i can do my picasa sync to droid? my phone is not rooted ..thanks in advance

I have the new gallery installed on my non-rooted droid and it automatically syced with my droid. You might want to check your sync settings.

Vielen Dank RinTinTigger!

Nick177th

Reaction score
.* go into settings -> applications and check the"unknown sources" box 2.* make sure you have "astro file manager" installed on your phone 2.* visit this post from your phone's browser 3.* tap and download this file onto your phone google_earth.apk * ( alt link) ( alt link2) 4.* when finished downloading, open up astro file manager 5.* find your "downloads" folder and and tap the "google earth" file 6.* tap "open app manger" and then "install" 7.* bam let me know if you have any issues_____________________________

First off, Thanks Tigger. Thanks inkster. Got it to work from that other site as well. It's a little laggy but, it's still pretty cool.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I must have missed it but how do I get my phone to look like this? Looks like it might be the 2.1 launcher (new tray on the bottom) and a news/weather/clock widget up top that has the time and date?? I'm rooted but due to reported stability issues I have the 2.0.1 launcher w/the rest of the 2.1 apps so can I get this look or no?

I tried this launcher before and my biggest issue was getting to the "app drawer" replacement. It took forever and/or wouldn't load up all the apps. I never set a default home launcher so I always got a choice. I'm on SG4.5 and had this as a launch option but it may have carried over from my previously installed apps. The placement of the weather icons on the clock make me think it is BW but not one of the skins currently available. I just checked the skinning thread but don't see that skin there either: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ial-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-69.html

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Okay, I have installed the launcher, gallery, and clock with no issue (well I get a "problem loading widget" message on two of the screens that wont go away) but I cannot get the new music player to get a move on. I unzip it, it takes me to the apk but when I click that instead of taking me to the install screen it takes me to yet another list of files. Help.

I am probably just missing something. Thanks.

kudz

Reaction score
Hey gang, a couple quick questions: First, (and not one of my questions) Many thanks to Tigger and anyone else who put this together; great work!

Now, I downloaded and installed all of the apk's except the launcher and was just wondering what happens with these installs if/when the OTA 2.1 update rolls out? Will I have 2 Earth, Clock, Music, etc. apps or will it overwrite them? Should I uninstall these when word hits the interwebs that the rollout has started? Thanks again to all for making this a great forum.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since the APK's don't replace the native applications you can just wait and delete the APK's once the native applications are updated. They are completely separate applications.

kudz

Reaction score
Since the APK's don't replace the native applications you can just wait and delete the APK's once the native applications are updated. They are completely separate applications.
Ok, so simply deleting the apk files I downloaded and ran will remove the 2.1 apps i just installed?