The Clock APK
The google earth app -nonroot-
The New Media Gallery
The new Media Gallery WITH MULTITOUCH!
The News
The Launcher <<<< Crashes are known and not solvable yet
The Musik App
The Maps

Just install with file manager, its REALLY SEXY!

mediagalerie_milestone.jpg

device-150x150.jpg
device10-150x150.jpg

2293d1262547813t-2-1-musik-app-fuer-das-milestone-musik.png

Have Fun!

[NOTE:] if you experience issues like permanent restart of the apps, try this:
[Note2:] The google App might bring you an error with astro, that it is not installed, just ignore, it IS installed!!
Do a battery pull
boot again
uninstall the APK
reboot
install the APK again

That worked for me so far, no issues anymore. Try it!

Tigger

Last edited:

nyijedi

Reaction score
Do you really just have to install the apks? Nothing else is required?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you really just have to install the apks? Nothing else is required?

You'll also need to remove the old gallery unless you want two apps named gallery. To do that, you will have to use adb. Does anyone know if we need to remove the old clock app after installing 2.1's clock?

I just tried to download the clock directly from my Droid and it was unable to extract the file. The error message says "java.util.ZipException: Expected End of Central Directiry signature". Is this because I need to download the .apk that has already been unzipped?

Last edited:

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Thanks OP! I was just wondering about this last night since I went back to 2.0.1. A couple issues so far though: When I open the new Gallery it only shows my Camera and Handycards files with pictures???? It will show the other Wallpaper folders I created and the number of photos they should have but when I open them they are just blanks???? Also I was hoping that we could get the Picasa Web Album integration too is that possible? Lastly being relatively new to Android if I can figure out the few bugs I'm having could someone post terminal instructions for how to remove the 2.0.1 Gallery. Thanks again everyone!

broosewee

Reaction score
Thanks OP, hopefully 2.1 itself is not too far off in the future.

How do people use the 2.1 Clock? It seems like a lot of fluff for just managing alarm clocks. Is it supposed to be a Docking mode for those without the dock?

And the 2.1 Gallery, while also fluffed up, is far superior to 2.0.1 Gallery.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
This is 2.1 Gallery NOT 2.0.1 Gallery

Yeah I downloaded the 2.1 apk posted and installed the 2.1 media gallery. My questions were about the 2.1 gallery sorry if I miss spoke. I did get a notifiaction asking permission for picasa web albums password but they never showed up in the 2.1 gallery. Also when I was running 2.1 it would recognize the wallpaper folders I had created and now that I'm running the 2.1 gallery on 2.0.1 it just shows them blank but numbered with invisible photos???? weird

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
To remove the old gallery, (busybox required):
Code:
adb shell
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
# /path/to/busybox mv /system/app/Gallery.apk /system/app/Gallery.bak
# sync
# exit
$ exit

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Thanks OP, hopefully 2.1 itself is not too far off in the future.

How do people use the 2.1 Clock? It seems like a lot of fluff for just managing alarm clocks. Is it supposed to be a Docking mode for those without the dock?

The 2.1 Clock can replace the ugly multimedia clock. The first time you insert in dock it will give you a choice, check the default box and then select "clock" and it will default to the 2.1 clock everytime you put it in the dock.

FAR superior version and the dimmer dims it a LOT, perfect for nightime since it is not so bright. PLUS if you long hold the "dimmer button" it will switch to a "green" night lite type display.

VERY COOL!!