New Apps from 2.1

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why it lists 2 apps when you open your app list... because the APK's are separate applications.

If anyone doesn't agree please speak up - if I'm wrong I'd like to know also.:icon_eek:

kudz

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to discern which of the two is the apk-installed app? Version # only helps when you know what version was originally installed.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
On your SD card you should see the APK you downloaded.... you won't see an APK for the default programs.

Is there an easy way to discern which of the two is the apk-installed app? Version # only helps when you know what version was originally installed.

kudz

Reaction score
Roger that. Thanks again. I'll quit monopolizing this post now and return you to your normally scheduled programming...

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I love the new clock/dock, however I have an issue where the temperature will only display in Celsius. It looks like it's tied directly to the News and Weather app. It displays in Fehrenhiet in that app but not on the Clock/dock. I've toggled it back and forth but no dice. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I'm rooted running BB 1.1 and the News and Weather app came preinstalled whereas I installed the 2.1 Clock/Dock app using the .apk. Any help is appreciated.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone has this issue. When the official 2.1 comes out I'm sure it will work correctly but until then you have to do the conversion in your head. Multiply by two and add 30.
I love the new clock/dock, however I have an issue where the temperature will only display in Celsius. It looks like it's tied directly to the News and Weather app. It displays in Fehrenhiet in that app but not on the Clock/dock. I've toggled it back and forth but no dice. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I'm rooted running BB 1.1 and the News and Weather app came preinstalled whereas I installed the 2.1 Clock/Dock app using the .apk. Any help is appreciated.

fantom557

Reaction score
removing older music and gallery apps

i saw some posts on removing the music and gallery apps in 2.01 what app do i need to do it and i am a newbe so details instructions would help

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Cant seem to get the music one to work and I have no idea what to do. All the others are fine. The launcher is growing on me.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On your SD card you should see the APK you downloaded.... you won't see an APK for the default programs.

Also in the Manage Apps area. The one you installed will have an "Uninstall" option. The one that came with the phone won't. Instead it'll have an "Uninstall Updates" option.

eppey1

Reaction score
google earth heats up your cpu A LOT. i have my droid oc'd at 800mhz and i have never felt the phone as hot as it just was. granted, it was plugged into the computer with usb connection disabled, and this has heated my phone up in the past.
tl;dr: DONT FRY YOUR DROID WITH GOOGLE EARTH

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
google earth heats up your cpu A LOT. i have my droid oc'd at 800mhz and i have never felt the phone as hot as it just was. granted, it was plugged into the computer with usb connection disabled, and this has heated my phone up in the past.
tl;dr: DONT FRY YOUR DROID WITH GOOGLE EARTH

I use the failsafe profile in setcpu to take her back down near stock CPU speed when she gets too hot...Especially when charging...think mines at like 38.5° C. Hottervthan that puts her at 600mhz

eppey1

Reaction score
I use the failsafe profile in setcpu to take her back down near stock CPU speed when she gets too hot...Especially when charging...think mines at like 38.5° C. Hottervthan that puts her at 600mhz

supposedly my phone overclocks with profiles enabled, but i'm not noticing it, ever. when i have low battery, the failsafe should turn on, and bring it down to 500mhz, but i look at the widget and it's still running at the full 800mhz. :motdroidhoriz: