New photos not showing up in 2.1 Gallery

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Anybody seen this before? I have the 2.1 Gallery installed, and it seems to work fine - but only old photos are showing up. None of the ones I've taken in the last month are showing up. I can get to them from Camera or from the Media Gallery (Milestone) app just fine.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Yeah , just opened the old gallery and picturres appeared in new gallery after that .

Zargon

Reaction score
No problems here, pictures I take show up in the Camera folder.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
They're not by chance in a different folder from the older ones are they? If so, make sure there's not a file named .nomedia in there.

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Yeah , just opened the old gallery and picturres appeared in new gallery after that .

That's what it took! Not really happy about that - it means I need to keep a copy of the old gallery around, still.

eahorlick

Reaction score
same issue

I'm having the same issue. How do I open "the old gallery"?

OyVOid

Reaction score
I am not having any problems viewing my pictures. In fact I love this new picture gallery better. The slideshow option is way awesome. I don't have to hit the arrow key for every picture.

duckworth

Reaction score
I am having this issue as well. New Videos taken with the camera don't show up right away and have to kill and restart gallery a few times before they show up.

Desert Eagle

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem, when i save a picture from a text or email, it does not show up in my gallery until i close the gallery app using my task killer and reopen it. Same thing for when i take a new picture with my camera.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Break the habit of leaving the Gallery app with the home button, use the back button to exit it which closes the app and when you visit the next time it will refresh any new media.

When you exit the app via the Home button you are leaving it running in the same state as you left it so there is no refresh when you open it again.

xxbanksgunitxx

Reaction score
that happend to me too i just turned off my droid and turned it back on and it was there..

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
use the back button to exit it which closes the app and when you visit the next time it will refresh any new media.

I'm pretty sure that this method doesn't always work. What does work is to kill Gallery if it is running, use SDrescan from the market, and open Gallery again.

backlash

Reaction score
I find this annoying as well, there seems to be a delay from the time you take a pic, to the time the new gallery recognizes it. The old gallery never had an issue with this. I still have the multi touch gallery (with no adds), so i've been using that..............even thought he z00m is exponentially better on the native 2.1 gallery app :(

Anybody else have an issue opening pictures via E strongs file explorer with the default 2.1 gallery............they don't open for me.